ADVERTISEMENT

Your best/favorite Footall Coach quote...

I thought Woody Hayes was an idiot. The quote you mentioned came after the 1968 Michigan game when his team scored late to make the score 48-14....then Hayes decided to rub it in with a two point conversion....poetic justice was served a year late when Michigan beat Ohio State 24-12 and kept the Buckeyes from an undefeated season in the final game of the season, without any two point conversions.

Yep, Hays was a vindictive shit.
I heard he just wasn't too kind to his team when we beat them in 1977 on 90% coverage national TV.

If Billy Sims hadn't been hurt, OU would have beaten the Buckeyes by three touchdowns. But then Uwe wouldn't have become an icon.

Yep, that run of Sims was so good it made the cover of Sports Illustrated.

I've got that issue packed away somewhere.
Memories...
Ohio State lost LB Cousineau early in the game as well. He was an All American.
OU had 3 seniors on offense and 4 on defense in that game.
OU built a 20-0 lead in the second quarter, one score on a fumble by King that was scooped up and run into the end zone by Peacock.

Ohio State lost LB Cousineau early in the game as well. He was an All American.
OU had 3 seniors on offense and 4 on defense in that game.
OU built a 20-0 lead in the second quarter, one score on a fumble by King that was scooped up and run into the end zone by Peacock.

That was the golden age for the football schools.
OU had about a 110 guys on scholarship and it was perfectly legal.

I thought Woody Hayes was an idiot. The quote you mentioned came after the 1968 Michigan game when his team scored late to make the score 48-14....then Hayes decided to rub it in with a two point conversion....poetic justice was served a year late when Michigan beat Ohio State 24-12 and kept the Buckeyes from an undefeated season in the final game of the season, without any two point conversions.

Yep. I didn't remember the exact year but you described it perfectly. I never could stand Hayes so I always rooted for Michigan each year. I'm not a Michigan fan but would love to see them take down Urban's team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT