ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect from the game tonight ?

What’s even more remarkable about William’s performance is not only was he a true freshman, he didn’t even play his senior year in high school due to the COVID pandemic.
Kid painting his finger nails and crying on the sidelines after a loss? We can't supply enough psychologists in this country. Maybe Roger and his cohorts will? Maybe a stipend for the abuse he's been subjected to? PTSD? 🤣

Last edited:
I'm gonna call it now. I want that "outlaw" secondary we've sorely missed. Ain't nothin complicated for physical ball hawks. We've the goods backfield, turn em loose. Will turn OUr whole game around. Especially in the sec.
Love your enthusiasm Woody and I hope your right but Alabama, LSU, Texas, and even Mizzou are tough in itself. OU may be looking at 4-4 in year 1 in the SEC.

It’s apparent that most fans aren’t likely to see their favorite team play up to expectations during bowl season any longer unless they’re a top 4 team….maybe.
Once the 12 team playoffs begin its time time to eliminate the consolation or “ who gives a shit” bowls. The players dont give a damn so why should the fans?

The way some of the fanbase is reacting to the ups and downs of JA play in this game is ridiculous. You can't decide an entire career, good or bad, based off of one game.

Look at Trevor Knight and how he played against Alabama, vs the rest of his career? Against Bama, he was the next great all time OU QB. And then he went on to do absolutely nothing after that. Not to blast the guy, but it's just proof you can't put to much stock one way or the other, off of the play of a single game.

Look at Trevor Knight and how he played against Alabama, vs the rest of his career? Against Bama, he was the next great all time OU QB. And then he went on to do absolutely nothing after that. Not to blast the guy, but it's just proof you can't put to much stock one way or the other, off of the play of a single game.

Yep. Same thing goes with the pros also. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, John Elway and Steve Young all had absolutely horrible performances in their first career starts, and things worked out OK for them.

The way some of the fanbase is reacting to the ups and downs of JA play in this game is ridiculous. You can't decide an entire career, good or bad, based off of one game.

Trevor Knight, great guy. He helps out with our QB's from time to time.

Comparing Knight to Arnold is like comparing Plums to Prunes. There's just not much to compare other than Prunes suck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Plainosooner
I doubt Arnold ever reaches the level of Williams (in college) but not many will. Guy was a beast. However JA looks more than qualified even on a bad night to lead us the next 2 or 3 years. I’m way more worried about our terrible secondary and Oline. If that doesn’t get fixed it won’t matter how good our qb play is.

Fans are finicky, everyone put Rattler on a pedestal until they got a glimpse of Caleb then Rattler was thrown under the bus and ended up transferring out.
Fans have a tendency to build guys up that amounts to a lot of pressure on these young guys to live up to unrealistic expectations. We saw it all season long how a lot of fans wanted him to replace DG and saying JA will win the heisman one day at OU. Just let them learn and grow before putting all that pressure on them.
JA doesn't concern me, he will be fine but a lot of other positions do concern me. Get JA a good supporting cast on the Offensive side of the ball and he should shine, I hope.

Yeah i do. Whether you like him or not Williams was a flat out baller. You think Arnold wins the heisman? Becomes the first overall pick? I mean I hope he does but I’d say the odds are that’s not happening.

who cares. I bet you loved him after that Texas game. The worst thing you can say about him is he takes losses too hard? Lol.

Because I’m posting how it actually is? That’s weird. You want to obsessed with Riley that’s on you. However we were discussing Williams.

I think about him for about 0.2 hours every day, but I also live in LA and have to watch the news. Why? What number is ok and what number is not ok in your book?
My comment was towards laythewoody not you. I don’t think it’s a secret that we have SOME in our fan base who are absolutely obsessed with Riley even now. To me that’s creepy and weird. If it doesn’t apply to you then don’t get offended. That’s my advice to everyone.

If it doesn’t apply to you then don’t get offended. That’s my advice to everyone.

The Iron Knee in that post. 🤣

irony-meter.gif

Reactions: iasooner2000
William is a great QB, for whatever reason he was committed to Riley and not OU. If he would have stayed we are probably sitting where Texas is right now getting ready to play a NC. Arnold may not be Williams but he is pretty dang good and will be playing on Sundays. He on the other hand is committed to OU and for that, in my eyes he is better than Williams.

Going to flip the script after watching game film, everyone talking about the young freshman QB, and what he did/didnt do with a patchwork OL. Heres my thought now after watching, for having the backup qb taking snaps, this young OL did a decent job, over 500 yrds of offense, 360 in the air and over 200 on the ground, 24 first downs. Of the 7 holding penalties 5 of those were committed by guys that are heading to NFL draft (minus Stogner but maybe he'll a team) the backup Qb held the ball to long and should have scrambled or threw up the 50/50 ball since we have WR's that are 6'4 and 6'5, but after those picks he was probably a little gun shy. The OL will be better, the QB will be better, the front 7 will be better. I hope and pray the secondary gets better. Secondary play next year will be the difference in 9/3 or 6/6.

Going to flip the script after watching game film, everyone talking about the young freshman QB, and what he did/didnt do with a patchwork OL. Heres my thought now after watching, for having the backup qb taking snaps, this young OL did a decent job, over 500 yrds of offense, 360 in the air and over 200 on the ground, 24 first downs. Of the 7 holding penalties 5 of those were committed by guys that are heading to NFL draft (minus Stogner but maybe he'll a team) the backup Qb held the ball to long and should have scrambled or threw up the 50/50 ball since we have WR's that are 6'4 and 6'5, but after those picks he was probably a little gun shy. The OL will be better, the QB will be better, the front 7 will be better. I hope and pray the secondary gets better. Secondary play next year will be the difference in 9/3 or 6/6.
I'm telling you, if the secondary gets their shit together, everything else will fall into place. 👍

That’s wishful thinking. The reality is our Oline will me worse and the qb position will take a step back atleast in Arnolds first year. Front 7 should be really good though

Just saw where Ohio State is in talks with Arnold. Arnolds dad is said to be worried about OU's Oline going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: LVPack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT