ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect from the game tonight ?

The betting line shows OU as the clear favorite but is that reasonable ?
It might be if Gabriel were available, and Arnold is essentially an unknown commodity especially starting a bowl game and lacking any meaningful playing time during the season.
One thing I feel certain of is that win or lose, Arnold will benefit from the bowl preparation and the game itself.
If the offensive line plays well and keeps Arnold protected…….and keeps General Booty on the sidelines….OU will succeed.

Saw a Bowl Game the other day but don't remember who was playing. One of the teams ran a Jet Sweep and gave me PTSD. 🤣

Tough one to call even if we had the same team during the Season.
Just gonna take a wild guess on this one. Last game for OU this year so hopefully it will be an enjoyable one.

OU 35 Zona 31

I'll be in attendance for tonight's game. Taking a lady friend of mine. I wish the game wasn't so late but oh well.

My bold prediction?

Woody wins either way!

Seriously though, I can't wait to see Jackson and Sawchuck go off on the wildcats. 35-21.

BOOMER!

Last edited:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win. The lack of quality OLinemen is out there. Shortage of receiving talent and RB question marks against a hot team with almost their whole team being available makes us underdogs. If we weren't called Oklahoma, the spread would be closer to 7 than 2.

OUr defense is going to have to win this game. They haven't recently done anything to expect that.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win. The lack of quality OLinemen is out there. Shortage of receiving talent and RB question marks against a hot team with almost their whole team being available makes us underdogs. If we weren't called Oklahoma, the spread would be closer to 7 than 2.

OUr defense is going to have to win this game. They haven't recently done anything to expect that.
The world's been waiting for Jackson my man. An adequate oline is all he needs. Let's just hope tonight's is adequate. 👍

Reactions: loopafied68
I'll be in attendance for tonight's game. Taking a lady friend of mine. I wish the game wasn't so late but oh well.

My bold prediction?

Woody wins either way!

Seriously though, I can't wait to see Jackson and Sawchuck go off on the wildcats. 35-21.

BOOMER!
Woody, my Mom and Dad are also going to be there. Just look for an old guy (78). He'll be with my stepmom (67) long red hair.

Reactions: humblesooner
Watched JA in last year's High School Championship game.
He was the team. They would run plays from the playbook on first and second down.
Then, on third down, it was like the call was "Get us a first down, Jackson".
His legs were the MVP in Denton last year.
Hope it doesn't come to that, but it will be interesting to see how he does running against NCAA athletes.

Reactions: 8085sooner
Brent needs to just rush 3 to 4 guys, and play Man 100% of the time, if those 3 to 4 guys don't reach home? Then they don't reach home. I'd rather do that, then keep playing the absolute shit Zone they keep playing.

Terrible pass however we aren’t in that position of Stoops catches that pass that him RIGHT IN HIS HANDS on the play before.

Brent HAS to fix the Zone issues in the off-season. And JA looks like a Freshman playing his first start.

I am just going to say it. Where is this defensive brilliance of our HC? I dont think this D we are seeing early could stop a FCS offense.

JA will be fine next year. However, if the defense (which was hugely overhyped this year) doesn’t improve significantly next year, it’s not going to be a pleasant introduction to the SEC.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Defense is cooked. Only chance is when Arizona runs east and west plays, anything between the tackles, they have all day.

I am just going to say it. Where is this defensive brilliance of our HC? I dont think this D we are seeing early could stop a FCS offense.
They don't have a difference maker at DT. And the LBs have regressed including Danny. Maybe that's injuries for Danny? But he isn't dominate like he was early season. Every great BV Defense has those 2 things.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Jeez, could Arnold stare down his receivers any more than he does?

When is last time OU covered the middle of the field? The 80s? Early 2000s? Just curious.

Lebby, DG we didn't mean it, come back.
This one may get ugly. Need a stop here.
Well JA isnt getting off to a great start but to be fair nobody told DG he couldnt wait till after this game to hit the portal. This was his choice to leave early

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT