ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Hopefuls and Gets

DG gave his all to OU and some Sooner fans were ready to toss him aside even before this season to an unproven Freshman. With our O- Line decimated some better be praying JA doesn't get injured in a meaningless Bowl.

To add to my disappointment, what is the current changes teaching these kids? I was taught that to get to the top you had to fight your way there. You did what it took and then gave more. You dedicated everything to accomplish your goals.

Now, if I don’t like where, what, or who I’m with I can just leave? I mean WTF!? What happened to having pride? Is that some kind of curse word now?

Sometimes this isn’t even the kids doing this portal thing. It’s greedy parents cashing in on their kids. The most sickening thing of all is the fact that there is parents out there that thinks this is perfectly fine. What a f&$*n world we live in now.

According to some reports, Green didn't tell the Coaches or anybody on the team he was entering the Portal, thats strange to me. Maybe he is just testing the waters or he may just want a change of scenery, anyones guess.
And Stutsman said tonight on Podcast on the Prairie that the Corvette in the video announcing he was returning was an old video made for the Butkus Award Ceremonies that wasn't to be. He said they did other videos as well. Some people were speculating he got a New Vette to return to OU via some NIL Deal but that wasn't the case.
I think Green may just want a bidding war. A guy like him may get a good one. Everybody is talking about how big his loss is. Maybe if he got a great NIL deal, he'd be happy. He may have also been sold on OU being a better chance to be a playoff team. But Mizzou is a top 11 team this season, and OU wasn't. Barely on both counts. But it made a difference. Honestly, I don't think the SEC East is any better than the Big XII, at least no this season. But perceptions matter.

And MIzzou is closer to home. But when we shared a conference before, they were better than OU less than twice every ten years for six or seven decades.

Reactions: 8085sooner
Gabriel said, and I quote, " I had full intentions to go to the NFL," But after the game (TCU), on Monday and Tuesday, I just sat down with agencies and my family and tried to get all of the information they provided. When they did, I was smiling at first because I thought we had a pretty dang good season other than two close ones ( losses), a total of 8 points, and yeah, I just looked at it and was like, Man, that can't be right."

Not sure why he went to Oregon, but he makes it clear why he stayed in college football.

To add to my disappointment, what is the current changes teaching these kids? I was taught that to get to the top you had to fight your way there. You did what it took and then gave more. You dedicated everything to accomplish your goals.

Now, if I don’t like where, what, or who I’m with I can just leave? I mean WTF!? What happened to having pride? Is that some kind of curse word now?

Sometimes this isn’t even the kids doing this portal thing. It’s greedy parents cashing in on their kids. The most sickening thing of all is the fact that there is parents out there that thinks this is perfectly fine. What a f&$*n world we live in now.
Spot on Trades. I think the parents may be the bigger driving forces.

Gabriel said, and I quote, " I had full intentions to go to the NFL," But after the game (TCU), on Monday and Tuesday, I just sat down with agencies and my family and tried to get all of the information they provided. When they did, I was smiling at first because I thought we had a pretty dang good season other than two close ones ( losses), a total of 8 points, and yeah, I just looked at it and was like, Man, that can't be right."

Not sure why he went to Oregon, but he makes it clear why he stayed in college football.
Reading into this is he saying his draft stock wasnt very high?

Reading into this is he saying his draft stock wasnt very high?
I'm sure that's what the agents were saying. He's making it clear that he thinks he's NFL caliber but the agents didn't think so, not quite, and I'm sure they told him he'd be best served by having a Heisman-like year. That's easier to happen at Oregon than Oklahoma next year.... apparently to the agents.

Per Gabe Ikard, someone on the staff saw Green moving all his stuff where he lives and he asked him what was going on? He said "talk to my dad."
Gabe said Green told the NIL people before it was found out he was leaving that he told them he wanted X amount of money and they said they would see what they could do. They got to his figure he asked for a few days later. When told they got his deal done that he asked for he said again, you have to talk to my dad.
Gabe wouldn't say the amount of money they were going to give him and would only say it was a lot of money that would put him right at the top for his position.
I think his Dad had other plans and its been speculated that his Dad was in talks with another school.

Per Gabe Ikard, someone on the staff saw Green moving all his stuff where he lives and he asked him what was going on? He said "talk to my dad."
Gabe said Green told the NIL people before it was found out he was leaving that he told them he wanted X amount of money and they said they would see what they could do. They got to his figure he asked for a few days later. When told they got his deal done that he asked for he said again, you have to talk to my dad.
Gabe wouldn't say the amount of money they were going to give him and would only say it was a lot of money that would put him right at the top for his position.
I think his Dad had other plans and its been speculated that his Dad was in talks with another school.
If true...what a sad state college football is currently in! Sounds like 'Dad' wants part of the payroll.

Not sure if true but I have heard DG has been trying to poach players to go to Oregon with him. If true I take back everything nice I have said about him.
College football is like the wild west now! NIL laws suck bad. Playing for a free education used to be a great honor. Where is the honor in team hopping to the highest bidder? I understand the game now that NIL is here, but I don't like it near as much.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's what the agents were saying. He's making it clear that he thinks he's NFL caliber but the agents didn't think so, not quite, and I'm sure they told him he'd be best served by having a Heisman-like year. That's easier to happen at Oregon than Oklahoma next year.... apparently to the agents.
Lebby is gone and DG saw what the staff at oregon did with Bo Nix. He faced a new offensive coordinator regardless, so stay at OU with a giant question mark regarding what the new guys can/will do or go some place that already has a proven staff of turning a mid round draft prospect into a possible first rounder. It was a no brainer for DG.

Lebby is gone and DG saw what the staff at oregon did with Bo Nix. He faced a new offensive coordinator regardless, so stay at OU with a giant question mark regarding what the new guys can/will do or go some place that already has a proven staff of turning a mid round draft prospect into a possible first rounder. It was a no brainer for DG.
I agree and Gabriel gets to play back home in Hawaii his first game with the Ducks. That’s gotta be great for him and his family.

It's good fit for sure but Bo Nix was a highly rated recruit from high school and had all the measurables the NFL salivates over. He raised his draft stock for sure after meddling at Auburn but I'm not so sure Oregon will have much to do with it.

I don't believe Gabriel's draft stock can get any higher but there are a lot of good QBs coming out in '24 and the NIL money is better than what he would have seen as a year 1 guy in the NFL.

If true...what a sad state college football is currently in! Sounds like 'Dad' wants part of the payroll.
I am sure many of these dads would tell you they just want the best for there kid. In truth they are likely the greediest and want a piece of the pie themselves. When I hear stories like this and someone like him says “ talk to my dad” it is sad that a grown man still lets his dad ( or parents ) try to tell him what to do. Whats even worse is for a parent to try to profit off his child. Thats a sad man if you ask me.

Not sure if true but I have heard DG has been trying to poach players to go to Oregon with him. If true I take back everything nice I have said about him.
Unfortunately some young people can convince you they are this goodie goodshoe person and then show his true self afterwards. If he is doing this you can bet he will see a whole new attitude from our fanbase in regards to DG. I just hope it isnt true for his sake.

I wouldnt call our fanbase a very forgiving one. I am with 67 on this one, if true I cant wish him success at Oregon. This is a page out of LR playbook

I am sure many of these dads would tell you they just want the best for there kid. In truth they are likely the greediest and want a piece of the pie themselves. When I hear stories like this and someone like him says “ talk to my dad” it is sad that a grown man still lets his dad ( or parents ) try to tell him what to do. Whats even worse is for a parent to try to profit off his child. Thats a sad man if you ask me.
Then there's the single mammas?

I'm not. I'm pretty buzzed and playing Uno.

I forget my point. Hope you're doing alright bud.
Oh no worries BC. You know me. I just can't say what I want to say so I'll say, you know I know a few folks around town.

Your buzz will love this confusing post! I'm doing ok, hope all is well in your world.

Oh no worries BC. You know me. I just can't say what I want to say so I'll say, you know I know a few folks around town.

Your buzz will love this confusing post! I'm doing ok, hope all is well in your world.

I'm drinking a few flavored Steele Reserve so I'm taking the white trash approach and damn they getting it. I was gonna jump to my Yuengling but not sure I can handle it.

Sounds like you might have already passed the last free exit...

🤣

I've got a dangerously high tolerance. It's kept me out of a number of sticky situations. But I'll say I feel pretty good but I made the wise move to switch to my Yuengling Light.

College football is like the wild west now! NIL laws suck bad. Playing for a free education used to be a great honor. Where is the honor in team hopping to the highest bidder? I understand the game now that NIL is here, but I don't like it near as much.
100% agree, one of the greatest days of my life was when my dad handed me the phone and as I listened to the coach say we are offering you a full ride scholarship, seeing the look on my dads face brought tears to my eyes. My dad told me I didnt have to work that summer, that my job was getting ready for the upcoming football season. It was just a DIAA school, but I was on top of the world that summer knowing I got to play football and my school/books/meals/housing was paid for. I guess our NIL money came at the end of the semester when we got to sale the books back to the campus book store.

LV Bunkley Sheldon into the Portal now. WR deeply talented with great back ups. In the room for Spring Practice. Maybe the deepest strongest WR rooms for the Sooners.

Nic Anderson
Andrel Anthony
Jalil Farooq
Jayden Gibson
Jaquaize Pettaway
Brennan Thompson
Gavin Freeman
JJ Hester

New guys…
Deion Burks…likely will start
Zion Kearney
Zion Ragins
Ivan Carreon
KJ Daniels

This makes no sense, he has a great future in Norman, someone has to have reached out and offered more money. Whoever he signs with, needs to be turned in for poaching
NIL and poaching go together like peas and carrots. Coach prime is one of the biggest poachers. Trouble is, he thinks he's the only one who is allowed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT