ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Hopefuls and Gets

8085sooner

Sooner signee
Sep 10, 2008
DT Florida Chris McClellen, Oklahoma kid we missed out on due to Riley leaving. Exactly what BV wants in a Dlinemen, can play DT or DE at 320lbs
S Andrew Mukuba Clemson, will visit but is from Austin, kid has all sorts of experience and would be nice but would play DB, if he came here

Need a Linebacker, RB, TE, probably need another OLineman? And, DL, and DB. I would take a Kicker to.

Reactions: 8085sooner
This makes no sense, he has a great future in Norman, someone has to have reached out and offered more money. Whoever he signs with, needs to be turned in for poaching

This is a HUGE loss. Only OL returning.

Defense better be perfect because offense is gonna need time to work in a lot of guys in the trenches.

According to some reports, Green didn't tell the Coaches or anybody on the team he was entering the Portal, thats strange to me. Maybe he is just testing the waters or he may just want a change of scenery, anyones guess.
And Stutsman said tonight on Podcast on the Prairie that the Corvette in the video announcing he was returning was an old video made for the Butkus Award Ceremonies that wasn't to be. He said they did other videos as well. Some people were speculating he got a New Vette to return to OU via some NIL Deal but that wasn't the case.

With all this postseason BS, how can OU be focused and prepared to compete against Arizona ?
My lifelong interest in OU and college football in general is wavering. A whore mentality is poisoning the game. There’s no such thing as team loyalty anymore.

I'm with you and @trademarcs on this. More Saturdays ahead focused on much more important things.

I'm with you and @trademarcs on this. More Saturdays ahead focused on much more important things.
Agree.
Seems the older I get, now 75, the more important things outside of football and baseball become.
I’ll always follow OU, but without the worry of winning and losing mainly because I have no control over the games’ outcomes….and the NIL and transfer crap further diminishes my love of CFB.
When OU loses a game nowadays, I turn off the TV and head out to the Gettysburg battlefield ten minutes away or walk my beagle puppy.
After a lifetime of anguishing over a defeat, I now just focus on more important things. It’s a feeling of liberation that is new to me these past few years.

Not as much as OU is doing, all things considered.

Just a few. There are many more.

Someone that was that easily swayed by a bag, when all we heard he was OU for life and all that BS, didn't have the guts to face anyone, won't allow any contact to be made. I know this is business? But if a Head Coach did something like that, everyone would call that coach a bitch. This was a bitch move made by a bitch.

Good thing is, all the NIL used for him is now free, OU has to go get several big OL in the portal. You have to get them at all costs now. And next cycle, you have to go all in to try and get at least a couple of big time OLineman.

Don't like the way things have gone with Cayden Green but if he has a change of heart I want him to stay, and not just because he's going to be an All American level player. He's a kid and I think it's obvious he's getting immense pressure from his family. Welcome him back him in with open arms and show him why Oklahoma is a brotherhood. This isn't even close to being a non redeemable situation.

More information though all hearsay, but this sounds like 100% tampering orchestrated by Green's father. This needs to be investigated. He's not coming back and for the best as I don't think his teammates would have ever looked him the same, much less the fans.

I still hold the view that he's just a kid that handled this very poorly with his father pulling the strings.

This whole transfer portal bs has changed everything now. It’s going to be impossible to gain team cohesiveness when you never know for sure who is coming back for another season. Sure, the portal is going to create more parity but at what cost? The game has been given to spoiled children and they are treating it as such. There is no more loyalty to a school…….no more pride in building and being a part of something special. It’s all for sale now to the highest bidder…….the love of money has again destroyed an American staple. It’s sickening

This whole transfer portal bs has changed everything now. It’s going to be impossible to gain team cohesiveness when you never know for sure who is coming back for another season. Sure, the portal is going to create more parity but at what cost? The game has been given to spoiled children and they are treating it as such. There is no more loyalty to a school…….no more pride in building and being a part of something special. It’s all for sale now to the highest bidder…….the love of money has again destroyed an American staple. It’s sickening
I've said this from day one.

Trademarcs: one of the best posts I’ve read here.

Most kids will be washouts. Never play an NFL game.

I might be wrong, but I think Arizona has been pretty stable this season with the portal
I don't think anyone is opting out either.
And OU’s offensive line losses Raym, Guyton, Green, Rouse, Mettauer, Hicks, Shaffer, Anderson and Byrd with Sexton and Bates and some squad players to protect freshman QB Arnold in his first start and open holes for Sawchuk, Barnes and maybe Walker.
What other bowl team has had so much talent removed from it’s offensive line depth?
OU’s defense will have to play its best game vs Arizona and I don’t see that happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: loopafied68
And OU’s offensive line losses Raym, Guyton, Green, Rouse, Mettauer, Hicks, Shaffer, Anderson and Byrd with Sexton and Bates and some squad players to protect freshman QB Arnold in his first start and open holes for Sawchuk, Barnes and maybe Walker.
What other bowl team has had so much talent removed from it’s offensive line depth?
OU’s defense will have to play its best game vs Arizona and I don’t see that happening.
Mettauer, and Rouse are playing the bowl game, with Sexton, probably Everett, at either Guard or Center? All 4 of those guys have played a lot this season.

The greed of these kids is making it easy for us older fans to say the hell with this crap. Again many of the younger generation was all for this and now the game has turned into a shit show

Quit calling these kids student athletes and call them semi- pros or employees.

The greed of these kids is making it easy for us older fans to say the hell with this crap. Again many of the younger generation was all for this and now the game has turned into a shit show

Quit calling these kids student athletes and call them semi- pros or employees.
59, truer words have never been spoken.
And it’s not about being old school.

Mettauer, and Rouse are playing the bowl game, with Sexton, probably Everett, at either Guard or Center? All 4 of those guys have played a lot this season.
Everett has a brace on his leg and not practicing . Freshman Bates will probably play center. I think they will be fine.

With this DG news, I take back what I said about wishing him the best. I hope he plays so shit he gets benched, and goes undrafted in next years draft.

With this DG news, I take back what I said about wishing him the best. I hope he plays so shit he gets benched, and goes undrafted in next years draft.
Easy now fella, Dillon knew full well it was "Jackson time" at OU and slid into another definite starting role for the quacks. Dillon gave us his all, I've got no problems with it. I wish him the best no doubt about it.

Easy now fella, Dillon knew full well it was "Jackson time" at OU and slid into another definite starting role for the quacks. Dillon gave us his all, I've got no problems with it. I wish him the best no doubt about it.
Not what mean, he was the middle man between Oregon and Green.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT