ADVERTISEMENT

tony casillas

How do you know those guys hate pure hate in their hearts? You can't know that. I think it was just a bunch of immature idiots and nothing more. We aren't dealing with the KKK here.

I know what I know. So do you. We both saw the same video. They weren't idiots. They were smart enough to enter into a very good University. It wasn't immaturity either. It's blaton racism and hate. You can call them ignorant possibly. You call it what you want. I'll do the same.

I know what I know. So do you. We both saw the same video. They weren't idiots. They were smart enough to enter into a very good University. It wasn't immaturity either. It's blaton racism and hate. You can call them ignorant possibly. You call it what you want. I'll do the same.
Come on wnas quit assuming something that you can't possibly know for sure. I watched the kids apology and I don't believe it was hate. They were probably just some immature rich brats that thought they were being funny. Of course they should have been punished, but not sure they should have received a more harsh punishment than someone who punched a woman in the face. I have no doubt that if this was a texas player many of you would be giving them a very hard time about it. Guess we'll have to disagree on this issue

Reactions: BillyRay
Come on wnas quit assuming something that you can't possibly know for sure. I watched the kids apology and I don't believe it was hate. They were probably just some immature rich brats that thought they were being funny. Of course they should have been punished, but not sure they should have received a more harsh punishment than someone who punched a woman in the face. I have no doubt that if this was a texas player many of you would be giving them a very hard time about it. Guess we'll have to disagree on this issue

Wait, you wish that I stop assuming it was hate but yet you assume they were rich immature kids. Got it.

Again.... You call it what you want, I'll do the same.

I for one, think Tony makes a good point in believing ALL kids deserve 2nd chances when they make a mistake. I completely believe the reason the FSU QB and the fraternity cases were dealt with dismissals and booting off campuses, was the videos in those cases went public. Mixon's video never saw the light of day expect for a select few. Had Mixon's video been released for everyone to see, it's possible the penalty could have been more harsh. Since Mixon knocked that girl unconscious and broke her face, then hard to imagine it wasn't AT LEAST on the same level as the FSU QB video, or possibly even worse.

I for one, think Tony makes a good point in believing ALL kids deserve 2nd chances when they make a mistake. I completely believe the reason the FSU QB and the fraternity cases were dealt with dismissals and booting off campuses, was the videos in those cases went public. Mixon's video never saw the light of day expect for a select few. Had Mixon's video been released for everyone to see, it's possible the penalty could have been more harsh. Since Mixon knocked that girl unconscious and broke her face, then hard to imagine it wasn't AT LEAST on the same level as the FSU QB video, or possibly even worse.
probably about the same, but we may never know. FSU has issues going way back, but most recently the Winston fiasco. I don't think they really had a choice other than to send a message up and above the Mixon case....and hopefully all the NCAA athletes will take notice. I personally can't give a bye to the girl in the FSU case. Maybe he should have let her hit him and then file he could have filed charges....and I don't want to hear men should be men...people should be people...don't take a swing at someone..or try to knee them.

Surely you aren't saying that Mixons episode was justified just because you think someone else did it to

Surely you can read & understand that dfw is pointing out the level of hypocrisy and hallowness of the TC comments. Which I agree with. The mid to late 80's squad were bad asses and if they played in an era of video phones, damn near half of them would have been kicked off the team and Barry would have had no say in the matter.

Maybe so Roy. It just seemed a little heavy handed to me.

The whole thing came from the National fraternity HQs. It was something that filtered down from there to the OU house.

I don't like these kinds of threads because I think it polarizes and already polarized board. There is plenty of room for differences of opinion on most political issues and this is a highly charged political issue. I can see how you think it was handled to strongly and don't have a quarrel with your thinking. I just think that unless Boren sent a very strong message that it would have caused lots of fallout for him and OU. It is a fine line for sure.

Surely you can read & understand that dfw is pointing out the level of hypocrisy and hallowness of the TC comments. Which I agree with. The mid to late 80's squad were bad asses and if they played in an era of video phones, damn near half of them would have been kicked off the team and Barry would have had no say in the matter.
wnas I was around in the 80's just like you. I don't believe I've ever heard Tony give any of his fellow teammates a pass on anything. As I've told you before, you can't justify one bad behavior with other bad behavior.

wnas I was around in the 80's just like you. I don't believe I've ever heard Tony give any of his fellow teammates a pass on anything. As I've told you before, you can't justify one bad behavior with other bad behavior.

Well like one of your previous posts, you just really don't know.

I'm on the fence regarding the Mixon incident, but the decision has been made and Joe has done everything that has been asked of him....apparently.....so there isn't anything more for him to do except be the best player, student and citizen he can be going forward. But if Joe Mixon had signed with Texas and punched a UT gal like he did the girl in Norman....and Texas decided to punish him in the same way as Boren punished Joe here at OU, I would be willing to bet a pretty good sum that a lot more OU fans would be saying the same thing that Tony C is saying now. Just saying.

No doubt this would happen

He says that way... way after the fact....lord only knows what that man has let slide. Now he is self righteous?....seriously?
Has Spurrier ever allowed a player to remain on the team after punching a woman? I don't know. I doubt it though based on his comments

Times have changed. Do any of the older fans believe for one minute that Bud would not have dismissed a player....any player....for such crap? That kind of stuff would have never been tolerated back yonder, but we are in a much different era where winning is the most important product of college sports because the almighty dollar is more important than sportsmanship, good citizenship, and fair play. If you don't win, you don't reap the benefits. You don't get the most talented players, you don't keep your head coaching job. Let's be honest, we all want to win, so this is what comes of winning at any cost. Get use to it.

I'm having a hard time accepting this attitude, and I want to see at least one more natty as much as anyone before I leave this world.

Has Spurrier ever allowed a player to remain on the team after punching a woman? I don't know. I doubt it though based on his comments
I don't know BW...look at the criminal records of his formal players....let google lead you the way. Otherwise quite being onto Mixon...literally tired of your posts about it.

Watch it BW, you don't want 83 pissed at you.

He can be brutal...

Don't worry about BW. He has backup coming................

picdump-13-02-01-006.jpg

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Times have changed. Do any of the older fans believe for one minute that Bud would not have dismissed a player....any player....for such crap? That kind of stuff would have never been tolerated back yonder, but we are in a much different era where winning is the most important product of college sports because the almighty dollar is more important than sportsmanship, good citizenship, and fair play. If you don't win, you don't reap the benefits. You don't get the most talented players, you don't keep your head coaching job. Let's be honest, we all want to win, so this is what comes of winning at any cost. Get use to it.

I'm having a hard time accepting this attitude, and I want to see at least one more natty as much as anyone before I leave this world.
I understand what you are saying bama. However, it just didn't seem to go along with Stoops' past history rega
yes....just trying to help ya out bud before you put Steve on a pedestal. Best wishes...:)
83 I certainly don't put any coach on a pedestal. Just thought his comments were interesting.

He says that way... way after the fact....lord only knows what that man has let slide. Now he is self righteous?....seriously?

Spurrier has said this several times over the last few months. Especially in the wake of the Ray Rice deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT