ADVERTISEMENT

Short week on the Short Bus, get your Friday Predictions in fellas.

Yes, we're just not ready for Alabama and Georgia. People are acting like the rest of the SEC are Alabama and Georgia. OU beat Texas, who beat Bama at home. So, they are on the right track.
I say we're ready. Ain't scared one bit. đź‘Ť

With the Defense, we have to remember where they were last season, to where they are now? It is night and day, but that doesn't mean they are anywhere near where BV eventually wants them to be.
You think Brent doesn't know this?

With the Defense, we have to remember where they were last season, to where they are now? It is night and day, but that doesn't mean they are anywhere near where BV eventually wants them to be.
The back half of this season's defense looks exactly like last season's defense, esp in the 2nd half of this game.

Here's Ted Roof's post-game press conference after the game today. I can save you the trouble with the likely questions and answers.

What about the 45 points and 500 plus yards the defense gave up today? "Yeah, we've got some things to get buttoned up."

Can you speak to not being able to get a stop on 3rd or 4th downs? "That's something we need to clean up, and we'll work on that."

What happened on the busts where TCU got big yardage? "That's not acceptable, and we'll have to get that fixed."

And that's a wrap.

Reactions: trademarcs
Brent needs time to grow into being a head coach but, and I hate to say it, I give him no more than five more seasons as our HC. If that. I hope I’m wrong.
I am starting to think the lack of offenses in the ACC helped BVs image as a DC. Sure the D makes better stops or big plays but still giviing up the yards they do is a big disappointment.

The best BV defenses have a 1st round DT, late 1st or 2nd DE and some 2nd day picks on the Dline. He always has at least one great LB and usually another day 2 pick. The Cheetah, is the position that will make a BV defense be either solid, bad or great.

Brent has a 5 star Defensive Tackle coming in and will pick up some in the Portal.
Right now he has 5 average Dlineman and 1 above average, the rest are just okay. He has one LB and either young or not any good after that, he does have some DB's. He needs a great DT and a great DE, we have neither, the LBs he will either coach up or find his guys. It will be tough in the SEC with these guys but that will change. The schedule next year is brutal and I'm not expecting much unless he does GREAT in the Portal.

Here's Ted Roof's post-game press conference after the game today. I can save you the trouble with the likely questions and answers.

What about the 45 points and 500 plus yards the defense gave up today? "Yeah, we've got some things to get buttoned up."

Can you speak to not being able to get a stop on 3rd or 4th downs? "That's something we need to clean up, and we'll work on that."

What happened on the busts where TCU got big yardage? "That's not acceptable, and we'll have to get that fixed."

And that's a wrap.

I was pretty close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT