ADVERTISEMENT

OU has the best chance as any outside of tOSU for the playoffs in 2016...

I learn after the last few years to not get excited in sooner football. The talent is in the running backs and now I hope receivers but the coaching staff in last few yrs has been a big disappointment.I just saw horrible qb play all year long.. Hate say this and hope am wrong but I see okla at 8-4 season.

Reactions: gsxrace01
Next season...

On offense, OU will catch a lot of conference teams off guard with their new scheme, new signs, new playcalling within an offense that finds a way to get their lesser talented rosters in space pressuring defenses.

That approach with an actual talented roster can be a force to defend as there is no film to spend the summer preparing to defend it.

In other words, OU's offense will take many teams by surprise in 2015.

On defense, OU will be more experienced and will be asked for the first time in three years to actually defend what the offense is able to produce on the field.

That scenario has a good chance of hurdling non-conference and conference teams:

*Tennessee on the road, no film to prep for basically, we have a chance.

*Texas neutral site, enough said.

*Baylor on the road, late in the season, we have a chance.

*TCU at home, late in the season, we have a chance.

*OSU enough said.

Inside & Outside Receivers: Andrews, Meier, Shepard, Neal, Quick, Bennett, Young, Westbrook, Humphrey, Mead, Todd, Smallwood

Add: Van Jefferson, Dominique Reed (maybe)

RBs: Perine, Ross, Ford, Mixon, Brooks, Anderson

That is some deep skilled talent never seen on an OU roster at one time since Bob Stoops has been on campus.

Lincoln Riley said he believes his QBs need to be distributors of the ball to playmakers in space.

Well, he is going to have fun with these playmakers imho.

This post was edited on 1/20 8:17 AM by JMISASANO[/QU
Next season...

On offense, OU will catch a lot of conference teams off guard with their new scheme, new signs, new playcalling within an offense that finds a way to get their lesser talented rosters in space pressuring defenses.

That approach with an actual talented roster can be a force to defend as there is no film to spend the summer preparing to defend it.

In other words, OU's offense will take many teams by surprise in 2015.

On defense, OU will be more experienced and will be asked for the first time in three years to actually defend what the offense is able to produce on the field.

That scenario has a good chance of hurdling non-conference and conference teams:

*Tennessee on the road, no film to prep for basically, we have a chance.

*Texas neutral site, enough said.

*Baylor on the road, late in the season, we have a chance.

*TCU at home, late in the season, we have a chance.

*OSU enough said.

Inside & Outside Receivers: Andrews, Meier, Shepard, Neal, Quick, Bennett, Young, Westbrook, Humphrey, Mead, Todd, Smallwood

Add: Van Jefferson, Dominique Reed (maybe)

RBs: Perine, Ross, Ford, Mixon, Brooks, Anderson

That is some deep skilled talent never seen on an OU roster at one time since Bob Stoops has been on campus.

Lincoln Riley said he believes his QBs need to be distributors of the ball to playmakers in space.

Well, he is going to have fun with these playmakers imho.

This post was edited on 1/20 8:17 AM by JMISASANO
Would it be possible to remove this post from the top of our board? After 2014, it's obvious that our Sooners have a rebuilding job just to get back to winning the Big XII. To see this post everytime you enter this site just adds to the aggravation.

Last April and May I predicted that this team will surprise a bunch of gurus and posters with a much better season than predicted. Keep in mind I order my Koo-Aid by the gross. We'll see.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I am a freakin' rock star!

Greatest prediction in the history of predictions, minus the Texas game.

And I hope I'm equally as wrong about Baylor and TCU. And if pressed for a prediction right now, I think we win out. Especially if we beat Baylor.

Wow. What are people smoking this weekend? How anyone has a belief we'll win the Big12 or suffer two losses is just lying to themselves. Here is reality:

Sep 5th - Akron - Win - Sure hope we don't get punked ala Michigan/Appalachian State - that'll never happen to us, right?
Sep 12th - At Tennessee - Loss
Sep 19th - Tulsa - Win
Open Date
Oct 3rd - West Virginia - Toss Up
Oct 10th - Texas - Loss
Oct 17th - At Kansas State - Loss
Oct 24th - Texas Tech - Toss Up
Oct 31st - At Kansas - Win
Nov 7th - Iowa State - Win
Nov 14th - At Baylor - Loss
Nov 21st - TCU - Loss
Dec 1st - At OSU - Loss

Reality is 6-6 worst case, or 8-4 best case.
Ahem. Just going to leave this here. Whomever started this thread, and whomever agreed with him, are just geniuses.

The assumptions made by the OP are mind-boggling:

"On offense ...new playcalling within an offense that finds a way to get their lesser talented rosters in space pressuring defenses."

What about our own "lesser talented" WR corps? NO ONE can even answer who our #2 is right now, and its not because they are all so talented.

"On defense...will be asked for the first time in three years to actually defend what the offense is able to produce on the field."

LMAO. The offense wasn't able to produce vs Texas, Baylor, Clemson..and if what you said about "asked to actually defend" since 2012, then Bob should be fired for dereliction of duty.

But the only Q I want answered right now: WHO IS OUR DB COACH that is going to turn around our 117th ranked pass D?
Answered

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I saw this thread months ago. Thought it was so ridiculous I never clicked to read it until now. Yes, hats off the OP for his remarkable vision. And hats off to the board moderators also. They "foolishly" pinned this thread months ago.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
In all fairness fans are funny, you're only as good as the last game you played. This to me is the stupidest thing I've ever see read. But leaving this thread pinned was the best thing that I've ever done on this board. But I agree with Micco many negative Sooner fan will gladly ask for their serving of crow.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Mike kind of like your "Baylor will be an easy win" stupid comment. We as fans are ust guessing and throwing out predictions are we not? It's all in fun. By the way without Mayfield I think we would have lost 4. Baylor, tcu, Tennessee and of course we had the loss to Texas. As OU fans we don't need to take this guy for granted. He is the best qb in cfb

Mike kind of like your "Baylor will be an easy win" stupid comment. We as fans are ust guessing and throwing out predictions are we not? It's all in fun. By the way without Mayfield I think we would have lost 4. Baylor, tcu, Tennessee and of course we had the loss to Texas. As OU fans we don't need to take this guy for granted. He is the best qb in cfb

Well, once again you would be wrong, I do believe. OU did in fact roll out of Baylor with an easy win.

Mike it was a 3 point game in middle of 4th.....try Again

Correction: 3 point game until 4:47 left in regulation

Last edited:
In all fairness fans are funny, you're only as good as the last game you played. This to me is the stupidest thing I've ever see read. But leaving this thread pinned was the best thing that I've ever done on this board. But I agree with Micco many negative Sooner fan will gladly ask for their serving of crow.
Yep, most fans are too emotional, either way.

Some are just homers all the way, and some are just negative nellies all the way. Some people really thought KSU, TTech, WVU, or ISU were toss-ups? Really? Because we had one bad game at the end of one bad season? We weren't capable of getting better, or the other teams getting worse? Really?

I still say we were fortunate to be better than 10-2, but I'm glad it's worked out this way for sure. Not having to face a healthy Seth Russell or Trevone Boykin had to help. I'm not sure if the OSU QB was healthy that it would have made much of a difference in the outcome. As the season played out, I still think we could have beaten those teams, but it was nice that they turned out like they did. Can't complain one bit.

Reactions: sooner_mike
OU will win every game if they play well. They could lose 4 or 5 if coaching is a problem or if the team doesn't play well.

I love OU's position right now where we just control our destiny. The first WAY TOO EARLY 2016 rankings had OU at #2. Of course it's early and preseason rankings don't mean much, but we all know if you give OU a good QB, then we're likely in the mix for the national title.

It's a simplle formula next year. We play the toughest OOC in the nation.

* If we're undefeated -Guaranteed playoffs
* If we lose one game (prior to the halfway point in the season) - 90% playoffs
* If we lose just one game after the halfway point in the season but still win our conference - 80% chance of playoffs.
* If we lose two games -- Who cares, because we don't deserve to play for the title.

Before we give Nostradumbass all the credit of foresight, let's point out that Ohio State didn't make the playoffs.

And I was the one who asked to have this pinned because prior to this thread the OP had been on a near 2 month bender of Sooner criticism.

Wow. What are people smoking this weekend? How anyone has a belief we'll win the Big12 or suffer two losses is just lying to themselves. Here is reality:

Sep 5th - Akron - Win - Sure hope we don't get punked ala Michigan/Appalachian State - that'll never happen to us, right?
Sep 12th - At Tennessee - Loss
Sep 19th - Tulsa - Win
Open Date
Oct 3rd - West Virginia - Toss Up
Oct 10th - Texas - Loss
Oct 17th - At Kansas State - Loss
Oct 24th - Texas Tech - Toss Up
Oct 31st - At Kansas - Win
Nov 7th - Iowa State - Win
Nov 14th - At Baylor - Loss
Nov 21st - TCU - Loss
Dec 1st - At OSU - Loss

Reality is 6-6 worst case, or 8-4 best case.

what are you smoking?????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT