ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Kansas to the Big10???

Well they had Pelini as a friggin head Coach. At least they have won 'their side' of the conf a few times since joining.
OK, the dis may be heading south on strength of competition. Huskers planned on winning champ @ least 1/2 the time and it didn't happen even being in the weak side of the conf. I'm assuming that the Ok fans will expect big things, I just remember what JoePa said a few yrs after joining the X, "it's not the last game to get over, it's the physical beating that wears ya down." Enough on wins/losses, the games would be great for the conf and the fans. First game Ok plays in the Big House, count on 115,000 and despite the dif, more than a few would be wearing red. Think I'll cut myself from the conversation, good luck on the future moves.

That is exactly what Nebraska and Penn State said about the X. Ne has shown no sign of dominence and PSU, well they're PSU.

Nebraska nor Penn State will ever likely dominate any of the major conferences again. Frankly, I don't think OU will "dominate" like it has in the past in today's football environment unless the Sooners stay in a 10 team Big 12 conference. IMO, if OU were to go to the PAC, SEC or the Big X, there are too many good or perhaps better programs than the Sooners to become a "dominant" force. Sure OU will compete well, but the number of conference championships will be fewer than we fans have become accustomed to during the Big 8 and 12 days. I absolutely believe that OU has a better chance to become the dominant program in the Big 12 again. It all depends on how long TCU and Baylor can remain relative. If it ever gets back to the days of OU and Texas...and all the others in a Big 12 conference (like it was when it was OU - Nebraska in the Big 8), I feel pretty confident that OU would win more conference championships than any other Big 12 member during most ten year spans. The reason that OU hasn't won lately is because TCU and Baylor have evolved. Remind me again how many B12 championships UT and OSU have won. But....there's not much of a future for playing in the big game (the natty) winning the Big 12 unless it expands by two more with at least one being a quality team. I just don't think TCU and/or Baylor will continue to have long term success and if I'm right, the Big 12 doesn't have nearly as good of a chance to play for a national championship.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT