ADVERTISEMENT

Official Sooner-Texas Tech game thread.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
We'll kick off in two hours. We may not get to see the start since Penn State-Michigan State is going to be up against 6:30, our scheduled game time. They're still late first half.

Earlier in the week, the forecast was for wintery mix and temps in the 30's. But the skies are clear in Lubbock temps will be in the low 40's until the 4th quarter. For a night game in Lubbock after Thanksgiving, that's about as good as you can hope for. Maybe more importantly, the wind will be light all evening. Ought to be a good night for offenses.

Reactions: Oklabama
Psu is blowing out Sparty
It's now 21-16. Sparty has shored up the run defense in the 2nd half.

-----------------------------
Penn State just scored to make it 28-16 with 4:15 left. Then they intercepted and threw a TD pass on the first snap. Catch under review. I don't think we'll see the kickoff live. 3:56 left. Penn State up 35-16. Twelve minutes until our supposed kickoff. Unless PSU gets the ball back quickly, this game is running past 6:30 pm.

-------------------
They did it with a minute to spare. 35-16 FInal

Last edited:
The official on our sideline in the first half has screwed us on spots about five times. That one was crucial.

HOW WAS THAT NOT REVIEWED!!!!

I am not trying to be critical here but its obvious Lebby can call a good opening quarter but he is also showing he is not a OC that can adjust as the game develops on.

He is awful, his go to play is the jet sweep, that's what junior high coaches call when they don't know what else to run.

Reactions: Oklabama
1st Qtr Grades

Offense - A
Defense - A+

2nd Qtr

Offense - D ( outside of the wide open TD pass nothing)

Defense - F

I guess we will see which offense and defense shows up in second half

I would honestly like to be a fly on the wall in locker room at the half. I hope it would include BV getting in Roofs and Lebbys ass

We continue to look lost in zone coverage and the 3 man rush is a guarantee for offensive success for whomever we're playing.

A head coach is only as good as the coaches he has around him. Bv sucks because of the guys he hired as coordinators. Neither one of these guys have a clue what they are doing.

Reactions: kcstorm06
Can we say Lebby...you’re fired. Loud and from every roof top. Roof not a defensive wizard either. 17 unanswered points is on you Coach dumb fvcks.

I am not trying to be critical here but its obvious Lebby can call a good opening quarter but he is also showing he is not a OC that can adjust as the game develops on.
Sorry, but that's crap. Barnes drops a 20 yard gain. Dillon misses a wide open receiver. This is a lot more about players than play calls.

On our first drive of the second half, Gray got gassed kinda early. He goes out after three carries, maybe four. Then the pass play called for him goes to Barnes ho drops it. Then when he comes back in on 4th down, it allowed Tech to substitute slowly. It wrecked the advantage.

Little things are killing us.

Unfortunately, our offense can only score on these long drives. So our defense gets a four play rest. I don't know if we can stop them. Bowman looks like he's running with cement in his shoes on their perimeter outside zone handoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT