ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 10:36p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 10:36p - Oklahoma looks set to host 2017 Hutto, Texas defensive end Ondario Robinson at some point this summer.

UPDATE: 9:40p -
Feel very confident in reporting (from sources both north and south of the Red River) that Patrick Hudson has not signed any letter of intent with Texas, nor anyone else.

Oklahoma is still in communication with him from what I've been told and I continue to get the impression that Oklahoma likes where they are. However, I think everyone is kind of playing wait and see because it sounds as though the coaches involved are as unsure about where his head is at as every reporter currently trying to guess.

Bottom line is that it's still going on and OU is still in it.

UPDATE: 2:45p -
This is becoming 'Hudson in Wonderland'...curiouser and curiouser...

It seems like both schools are kind of thinking 'just do something' because both have gotten STRONG signals that they could/will be the choice. It seems something of an internal struggle with Hudson moving back and forth and a few people around him very staunchly in one camp or another.

One thing that I think hurts Oklahoma is the reality that his mother did not accompany him on the trip this weekend and she seems to favor Texas based on what I've heard.

In the end I still think it's Texas because, well that's what I've felt ever since he requested his release.

UPDATE: 2:14p - OK so remember last night...well 'things change quickly' is still in play.

I've talked to one well placed source who has given me the idea that the story of Patrick Hudson isn't done at all. In fact there has been some connection that Oklahoma may be in front.

I'd have to hear it from other sources but again it's not some random bit of information or something easy to shoot down - what I've been told (though I can't fully go into it at this point) is that there are some people in Oklahoma's corner who will have a role in his decision.

Stick around, I'd written this story off but am told now I was a bit premature.

I do get the feeling that this is, increasingly, a head vs. heart moment. Some people I've talked to feel that Hudson may feel that Oklahoma is the better option for him but can he say no to Texas, twice?

It's an interesting question and one I don't have the answer to right now.

UPDATE: 10:58p -
Things change quickly and it sounds like Texas will be the choice for Hudson.

ORIGINAL:
OK, it's late Sunday but whatever...

Guys have some digging around and here is what I have.

First, Oklahoma feels they have a legitimate chance at Patrick Hudson following his visit to Norman. No one was willing to much beyond that but it's clear that Oklahoma feels this weekend's official visit went very well and that Hudson has a lot to think about. I get the impression that Hudson was sold on the idea of him being able to potentially play a big role early on and Oklahoma's track record of NFL offensive linemen.

Interestingly some of those around him have gone quiet after giving off the impression of Texas for quite some time. Whether that's truly meaningful I'm not ready to say but it's at least something to file away.

With Parrish Cobb, Carey covered much of it in Sunday Notes, but I want to reiterate that this one feels like Oklahoma and it feels like it could happen at any point but there is a part of me that gets the feeling that the longer it draws out the better it could be for Texas.

Simply put, Oklahoma is in a good spot at the moment but I get the feeling that the situation has been laid out, Cobb knows what both schools are pitching and has familiarity with both - what's left to wait for?

We'll see what happens with both but I think OU leads for Cobb and made a surprising impression on Hudson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News