ADVERTISEMENT

K.J. Young Dismissed From Team...

Ya saw this earlier today over on the pay board. I only saw where he was no longer with the team, so your link was the first I saw to says he was dismissed/kicked off.

Curious what happened though. Like the article says he was getting some good talk from the coaches about the strides he made in the spring, and here just a short time later he is gone.

Very unfortunate. He had a few bright moments where you could see his potential.

Last edited:
Very unfortunate. He had a few bright moments where you could see his potential.

Well not to be negative, but I didn't see any bright moments other than Sterling last year. I know KJ was a RS freshman, but he couldn't get open. For the life of me we had a tight end that was drafted that rarely saw a ball thrown his way and yes he was open a lot.

I hope Westbrook is the real deal and Shepard comes back healthy......JMO

Reactions: Belldozer1
Well not to be negative, but I didn't see any bright moments

Played in 12 of 13 games with starts against Tulsa, Texas and Baylor ... missed the Kansas State contest ... rushed one time for 10 yards against Oklahoma State (12/6) ... caught three passes for 48 yards and rushed once for nine yards at Texas Tech (11/15) ... had one catch for seven yards against Baylor (11/8) ... scored the first touchdown of his career and caught two passes for 26 yards at Iowa State (11/1) ... rushed one time for five yards against Texas (10/11) ... set career highs in receptions (5) and receiving yards (57) at West Virginia (9/20) ... caught two passes for 28 yards against Tennessee (9/13) ... started his first game and made three receptions for 18 yards at Tulsa (9/6) ... made Sooners debut and caught three passes for 41 yards against Louisiana Tech (8/30)

Played in 12 of 13 games with starts against Tulsa, Texas and Baylor ... missed the Kansas State contest ... rushed one time for 10 yards against Oklahoma State (12/6) ... caught three passes for 48 yards and rushed once for nine yards at Texas Tech (11/15) ... had one catch for seven yards against Baylor (11/8) ... scored the first touchdown of his career and caught two passes for 26 yards at Iowa State (11/1) ... rushed one time for five yards against Texas (10/11) ... set career highs in receptions (5) and receiving yards (57) at West Virginia (9/20) ... caught two passes for 28 yards against Tennessee (9/13) ... started his first game and made three receptions for 18 yards at Tulsa (9/6) ... made Sooners debut and caught three passes for 41 yards against Louisiana Tech (8/30)

Yep, kind of proves my point............

Frank Kaminsky of Wisconsin is a great example of why it doesn't matter what you do the first two years of college. Averaged 1.8 points as a freshmen, 4.2 points as a sophomore then leads his team to back to back Final Fours as a Junior/Senior and is the AP Player of the Year as a Senior. I know it's basketball, just saying cause a kid struggles early in their career doesn't mean they will always struggle.

I know it's basketball, just saying cause a kid struggles early in their career doesn't mean they will always struggle.

And basketball players peak around 27-28 which happens to be about the age that most football players are retiring.

I agree Billy.

If players are now expected to have a lights-out first season, maybe we as fans need to stop using the term (and anticipating a player's) "break-out year". To have a break-out year must mean the player is already considered a bust. So what is there to look forward to when they become Juniors and Seniors? Only their first season matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007
Well not to be negative, but I didn't see any bright moments other than Sterling last year. I know KJ was a RS freshman, but he couldn't get open. For the life of me we had a tight end that was drafted that rarely saw a ball thrown his way and yes he was open a lot.

I hope Westbrook is the real deal and Shepard comes back healthy......JMO
My thoughts exactly on Young.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT