ADVERTISEMENT

I don't say this very often. Kudos to the Dems today...

as you already know he was on fox for 3 years, he's even to crazy for fox news.

I would like to thank all you quislings for making me a very wealthy man. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
220px-Rupert_Murdoch_-_Flickr_-_Eva_Rinaldi_Celebrity_and_Live_Music_Photographer.jpg

I think the cosmetic changes of the board are just a small portion of the changes overall. If others are/were like me, they didn't realize that these changes also consisted of content.

I think the cosmetic changes of the board are just a small portion of the changes overall. If others are/were like me, they didn't realize that these changes also consisted of content.

I am guessing that you are prodding Josh to comment. I doubt seriously that Josh has changed one bit, nor the direction and focus of SoonerScoop for that matter. Only the user interface has changed (and getting the admin tools up and running for the mods).

It seems as though you are a bit upset about the off-season postings. This isn't the first time you've mentioned it. Don't let it bother you. You will not be held responsible for the things that others say. Think of each thread as a TV channel. Enjoy the ones you like. Just pass by the ones you dislike. I promise you this, the various kinds of people here all love Sooner sports. It's our common ground. When there is something newsworthy happening in Sooner football, the OT posts will fade away. They always do.

A question for you WNAS. How does the OT content differ here than the pay side? I'm curious.

22, I'm not bothered with the content on this forum to say the least. Mine was just an observation that certain posts with content of the past was monitored on a daily basis, perhaps even hourly basis. From what I can understand from the posts of others, this is no longer taking place. as such, I imagine that the upgrade of the site has some sort of filtrations in place that auto signals the powers to be. Josh has his hands full and most likely will not monitor the board as past board moderators have but rely on the new triggers that have been set in play. Having said this, the 'report' button will be the tool that others can use to being to light content that they feel inappropriate. Senior Sooner for example was not too happy about the video posted that dropped F bombs. While some can handle f Bombs , many others can't and this is what the report button is for. BTW, I don't blame her either.

I'm not attempting to prod Josh or anyone, just making an observation that self moderation is now in play vs one or two moderators that attempt to keep things in check. It's a new board in more than one way. And how in the world do you think I'm upset with this off season's board content to me is baffling. Clearly you're confused a tad in this thought process. I'm enjoying what is being presented on the board these days. Changes were made to the staff which many predicted as early as two years ago. Many thought differently. But I like the direction. Having said this, I still think that this is the last year that Mike Stoops can & will stand in front of microphones & fault player's execution as his excuse for a porous defense. But time will tell with this to.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
22, as far as the OT stuff on the pay board. I don't read the board but maybe once a week or so. I'm just too busy this time of the year to read as much as I can during the fall. I will say this, there are more active posters on the pay board than this board and as such, they offer more content to read. This would include OT posts as well.

Thanks for answering WNAS. Now I understand exactly where you stand on things. I asked that question about the pay side because sometimes we get visited by posters like Bloato-Copter and SeaBiscuit and these guys post some very edgy stuff... crossing a line that even the worst of us here don't cross. Oh, the names were changed so as not to be guilty of calling someone out.

That complaint about the f'bombs video wasn't voiced by Senior Sooner (the gorgeous lady) but rather seniorsooner (the guy).

I don't care if anybody smokes pot. That's their life. Not mine, unless it is some high driver crossing over the centerline into my traffic. Then it gets personal.

The courts are beginning to rule in favor of employers, stating that employers need not make special provisions for pot smokers. Translated.,, even if legal, you CAN be discriminated against at work and when applying for work. Leaves more jobs open for the other folks. Go ahead and legalize it. (But it ain't happening in Oklahoma).

Ohhh wow man. Bummer dude....
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...eme-court-affirms-lower-court-rulings-medical

Last edited:
I don't care if anybody smokes pot. That's their life. Not mine, unless it is some high driver crossing over the centerline into my traffic. Then it gets personal.

The courts are beginning to rule in favor of employers, stating that employers need not make special provisions for pot smokers. Translated.,, even if legal, you CAN be discriminated against at work and when applying for work. Leaves more jobs open for the other folks. Go ahead and legalize it. (But it ain't happening in Oklahoma).

Ohhh wow man. Bummer dude....
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...eme-court-affirms-lower-court-rulings-medical
In my opinion, legalizing another intoxicant is dumb and dangerous. Once the gov puts their stamp of approval on a substance then it gives the impression to young people that it must be okay if its legal. Marijuana use is harmful to the mind...especially teens. One has to look no further than this board for proof

Reactions: BillyRay
Just one guy's semi experienced opinion, outside of being illegal, marijuana hasn't produced even a fraction of the disasters alcohol has. If I had to choose one to be illegal, it would be booze. This opinion is based on my real life experiences (as a healthcare professional, not user). I have accumulated tons of unpleasant memories of alcohol related injuries and deaths over the years. I can't say the same is true for marijuana.

Just one guy's semi experienced opinion, outside of being illegal, marijuana hasn't produced even a fraction of the disasters alcohol has. If I had to choose one to be illegal, it would be booze. This opinion is based on my real life experiences (as a healthcare professional, not user). I have accumulated tons of unpleasant memories of alcohol related injuries and deaths over the years. I can't say the same is true for marijuana.

Medic, Isn't it just a matter of time before we start to see more marijuana related accidents? I assume they are going to start testing for that much more often as it becomes legal in certain states. I think Colorado is starting to experience some of its negative effects

barking, I completely agree with previous points you've made. The reality is that despite being illegal, marijuana has been prevalent in our society since before we kept track. Standard toxicology tests detect the presence of common intoxicants like opiates, alcohol, benzodiazepines, marijuana, cocaine, meth, etc.

The reality is that marijuana acts on completely different receptors and has effects that are not in any way similar to alcohol in the brain. Alcohol and glue sniffing actually share the same mechanism. Further, there are only two substances that can cause death during withdrawal, alcohol and benzodiazepines.

There is an immense amount of evidence that clearly demonstrates the negative impacts of alcohol on people and society. Marijuana, despite widespread use, doesn't make that same cut. Jimson weed (find it by the side of the road any place in OK) and dextromethorphan (OTC cough medicine) are far more problematic in multiples than marijuana has been or will be.

I'm not here to argue the morality, only the reality. Change the name and stigma, and marijuana is less harmful than Coca-Cola and Snickers.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Yep, there's just a lot of errors with drug laws
Like, uh, possession of pot is more egregious per the law than cocaine or heroin.

Also, the feds are going to have to fish or cut bait.
Either abolish federal pot laws or enforce them. You can't have it both ways, you know the conflict with federal vs. state.

One more unintended consequence with relaxed or stricken state pot laws is it still has the stigma Medic referred to in that no banks will recognize legal pot vendors for business purposes.
You've got these poor paranoid bastards packing home 27,000 bucks cash (typical days cash receipt) of an evening simply because no bank wants to have that evil stigma attached to their good name. If it hasn't already, someone in Colorado is going to get jacked up, maybe killed.
Just a matter of time.
Total BS.

barking, I completely agree with previous points you've made. The reality is that despite being illegal, marijuana has been prevalent in our society since before we kept track. Standard toxicology tests detect the presence of common intoxicants like opiates, alcohol, benzodiazepines, marijuana, cocaine, meth, etc.

The reality is that marijuana acts on completely different receptors and has effects that are not in any way similar to alcohol in the brain. Alcohol and glue sniffing actually share the same mechanism. Further, there are only two substances that can cause death during withdrawal, alcohol and benzodiazepines.

There is an immense amount of evidence that clearly demonstrates the negative impacts of alcohol on people and society. Marijuana, despite widespread use, doesn't make that same cut. Jimson weed (find it by the side of the road any place in OK) and dextromethorphan (OTC cough medicine) are far more problematic in multiples than marijuana has been or will be.

I'm not here to argue the morality, only the reality. Change the name and stigma, and marijuana is less harmful than Coca-Cola and Snickers.

I'm going to assume that last sentence was said in jest :)

I tend to believe Medic's opinion. A high on weed is sooo different than a buzz on liquor. I'ts like night & day. If one wants to argue the morality issue of weed, one can't lose that battle, but if one wants to technically compare the use of THC vs Alcohol, they'll lose the arguement all day long, every day.

Fitty's correct, the Feds are either going to need to enforce or legalize it. But it's political issue that will be slow in happening. I think a few law suits will need to fly to force a determination.

All I know is that the govt's war on weed is ineffective and it's losing the war.

Reactions: gsxrace01
Yep, there's just a lot of errors with drug laws
Like, uh, possession of pot is more egregious per the law than cocaine or heroin.

Also, the feds are going to have to fish or cut bait.
Either abolish federal pot laws or enforce them. You can't have it both ways, you know the conflict with federal vs. state.

One more unintended consequence with relaxed or stricken state pot laws is it still has the stigma Medic referred to in that no banks will recognize legal pot vendors for business purposes.
You've got these poor paranoid bastards packing home 27,000 bucks cash (typical days cash receipt) of an evening simply because no bank wants to have that evil stigma attached to their good name. If it hasn't already, someone in Colorado is going to get jacked up, maybe killed.
Just a matter of time.
Total BS.
Everyone that is interested in this subject might want to take a look at this recent study. It certainly seems that the legalization of marijuana in Colorado is having a damaging impact.

I tend to believe Medic's opinion. A high on weed is sooo different than a buzz on liquor. I'ts like night & day. If one wants to argue the morality issue of weed, one can't lose that battle, but if one wants to technically compare the use of THC vs Alcohol, they'll lose the arguement all day long, every day.

Fitty's correct, the Feds are either going to need to enforce or legalize it. But it's political issue that will be slow in happening. I think a few law suits will need to fly to force a determination.

All I know is that the govt's war on weed is ineffective and it's losing the war.
wnas you can't justify one bad behavior with another.

So what you've posted is from an organization that is anti- drug. This is not a research or data from an organization that went into their research with an open mind. They had an agenda and wrote a report that supported their agenda. It lost me with a detailed description of who they were.

The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Program (HIDTA) is an important component of the President's National Drug Control Strategy which provides additional federal resources to those areas to help eliminate or reduce drug trafficking and its harmful consequences. Law enforcement organizations within HIDTAs assess drug trafficking problems and design specific initiatives to reduce or eliminate the production, manufacture, transportation, distribution and chronic use of illegal drugs and money laundering "reduce drug trafficking & related crime and violence"

So what you've posted is from an organization that is anti- drug. This is not a research or data from an organization that went into their research with an open mind. They had an agenda and wrote a report that supported their agenda. It lost me with a detailed description of who they were.

The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Program (HIDTA) is an important component of the President's National Drug Control Strategy which provides additional federal resources to those areas to help eliminate or reduce drug trafficking and its harmful consequences. Law enforcement organizations within HIDTAs assess drug trafficking problems and design specific initiatives to reduce or eliminate the production, manufacture, transportation, distribution and chronic use of illegal drugs and money laundering "reduce drug trafficking & related crime and violence"
Are you saying the statistics are made up?

The report has nothing to do with morality.

You are justifying marijuana use by comparing it to alcohol.

The report speaks for itself.

My opinion is there is no comparison. My opinion is based on my personal research. There is a huge diffence between the two. Weed & Alcohol. I have no morality issue at all. Given the choice, I wish I could walk into a restaurant and have a 'before' dinner hit as opposed to ordering a before dinner drink.

My opinion is there is no comparison. My opinion is based on my personal research. There is a huge diffence between the two. Weed & Alcohol. I have no morality issue at all. Given the choice, I wish I could walk into a restaurant and have a 'before' dinner hit as opposed to ordering a before dinner drink.
Then you admit you are hardly neutral on this issue. Honestly, I couldn't care less about your opinion on this issue and I don't say that in a disrespectful way.
Doesn't sound like you are very neutral on this topic wnas. Really, you should take some time to read the report because many of the sources cited seem to be completely neutral on the issue. To me, common sense should tell us that getting high can't be a good thing for that person or for others. Same goes for alcohol for reasons Medic has already mentioned

Are you saying the statistics are made up?

I didn't read it after I found out who they were. I doubt they were made up. But I suspect they are somewhat twisted and mis-guided for sure. You're anti-weed and I realize this. Therefore, there is no debate and/or arguement I can offer that would change your mind. The only thing I can do is suggest that you personally take the test. Weed vs Alcohol. There is a difference. If you don't know or truly understand the differences between the two, then you don't have any value in your content or opinion other than for the morality equation. BTW, I have no issue with you being anti-weed. I really don't. As I sense your issue is a morality issue. But your issue should be on a personal level and not a level that would prevent others to form their own opinion.

Take the test. Having said this, I'm out!

I didn't read it after I found out who they were. I doubt they were made up. But I suspect they are somewhat twisted and mis-guided for sure. You're anti-weed and I realize this. Therefore, there is no debate and/or arguement I can offer that would change your mind. The only thing I can do is suggest that you personally take the test. Weed vs Alcohol. There is a difference. If you don't know or truly understand the differences between the two, then you don't have any value in your content or opinion other than for the morality equation. BTW, I have no issue with you being anti-weed. I really don't. As I sense your issue is a morality issue. But your issue should be on a personal level and not a level that would prevent others to form their own opinion.

Take the test. Having said this, I'm out!
I'll take the test when you read the report :) Okay enough.........I'm out as well.

Then you admit you are hardly neutral on this issue. Honestly, I couldn't care less about your opinion on this issue and I don't say that in a disrespectful way.

Doesn't sound like you are very neutral on this topic wnas. Really, you should take some time to read the report because many of the sources cited seem to be completely neutral on the issue. To me, common sense should tell us that getting high can't be a good thing for that person or for others. Same goes for alcohol for reasons Medic has already mentioned

I'm not neutral. Never said I was. In fact, I've told you I formed my opinion on my personal research. I have smoked weed for many, many years. I've never been arrested. I've never been without employment. I've raised two wonderful kids. Moved up the corporate ladder. Then quit and started my own biz. I tell you these things to identify to you that millions of US citizens are just like me.

Legalization of weed is coming. It may take another 20 years, but it's coming.

I'm not neutral. Never said I was. In fact, I've told you I formed my opinion on my personal research. I have smoked weed for many, many years. I've never been arrested. I've never been without employment. I've raised two wonderful kids. Moved up the corporate ladder. Then quit and started my own biz. I tell you these things to identify to you that millions of US citizens are just like me.

Legalization of weed is coming. It may take another 20 years, but it's coming.
Legalization has nothing to do with whether or not its a good thing. As for your own experience, I'm not doubting you. You can surely find people that have functioned quite well while on all kinds of intoxicants. On the other hand, you can also find many who don't.

Legalization has nothing to do with whether or not its a good thing. As for your own experience, I'm not doubting you. You can surely find people that have functioned quite well while on all kinds of intoxicants. On the other hand, you can also find many who don't.

You see, I think differently. Legalization of weed would be a good thing. As a society of people, we have chosen to accept the weakness of the few for the enjoyment of the many in the past, and it'll be done again. Prohibition proved this. You, me and/or the USGovt can not stop their citizens from enjoying weed, no more differently than they could stop alcohol. It's going to continue forever. The smart money says that eventually the politicians will allow for it so it can be taxed, packaged and distributed for the masses. Either way, peeps will find a way to enjoy the pleasures of weed as they do having a cold one.

Reactions: gsxrace01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT