ADVERTISEMENT

Gundy

Drake Stoops has never added up to me. I cannot see Gundy going after Drake. In all cases, Drake Stoops has been the poster boy for doing more. Drake, by reputation, would seem to be the last guy in the room to not pay attention and be distracted. There are many different versions of what happened floating around. I hope the issue is dying a natural death and goes away. I hope the silence indicates a unity within the team and staff to not keep the matter alive.
I just don't see it being Drake Stoops considering that would not only embarrass himself but also his dad. Maybe I am lost in all this but how the hell did his name even come up? Did someone say something to indicate it was possibly him?

I just don't see it being Drake Stoops considering that would not only embarrass himself but also his dad. Maybe I am lost in all this but how the hell did his name even come up? Did someone say something to indicate it was possibly him?
On Monday Stoops name was being floated around on the amateur media hound sites on Youtube etc. I never heard Drake's named mentioned in any enquiry I made. I am glad that nothing is being leaked out of Norman.

On Monday Stoops name was being floated around on the amateur media hound sites on Youtube etc. I never heard Drake's named mentioned in any enquiry I made. I am glad that nothing is being leaked out of Norman.
Thanks SS. I will stand by what I said earlier in this thread in that whoever the player was that did that on his IPAD also needs to be held accountable for it. I guess we will find out during the season if we see little of him on the field.

What is worse to me is that he took an iPad and did this. Not cool.
I'm sure the IPad belongs to the University. Players watch film and take notes on those IPads. Maybe this isnt the first time Cale has gotten onto this player about being off task during a position meeting. Cale could have read the lyrics, notes, or whatever the player had on the IPad without saying the N word, what he did was wrong. But lets hold the player accountable here as well, hopefully he had a little extra Schimtty time this week.

I'm sure the IPad belongs to the University. Players watch film and take notes on those IPads. Maybe this isnt the first time Cale has gotten onto this player about being off task during a position meeting. Cale could have read the lyrics, notes, or whatever the player had on the IPad without saying the N word, what he did was wrong. But lets hold the player accountable here as well, hopefully he had a little extra Schimtty time this week.
Political/pc issue imo.

Personally speaking, it doesn't matter who technically owns it. The fact that it was student issued means that it could easily have had personal data and info on that iPad. That he, Gundy displayed the contents on a big screen can easily be construed as a violation of personal data/info. With regards to the WR, I never stated that individual should not be held accountable. Of course he should. But I'm pretty confident in saying that he would not be the first nor last player to not pay attention during film study. The point is, Gundy's relationship w/ said player was not tight enough or strong enough to command his attention. As a result he attempted to embarrass him and mock him. Which in it's own right was a poor sign of leadership. Gundy was the adult in the room and should have known better. Should have done better. He's paid handsomely to know better and to do better.

Should he have resigned? No. But once it left that room, BV had no choice. The optics going forward for recruiting would have been a disaster. Nipping it in the bud now will only show the recruits and their parents that OU and BV is the right place to send their kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Personally speaking, it doesn't matter who technically owns it. The fact that it was student issued means that it could easily have had personal data and info on that iPad. That he, Gundy displayed the contents on a big screen can easily be construed as a violation of personal data/info. With regards to the WR, I never stated that individual should not be held accountable. Of course he should. But I'm pretty confident in saying that he would not be the first nor last player toot pay attention during film study. The point is, Gundy's relationship w/ said player was not tight enough or strong enough to command his attention. As a result he attempted to embarrass him and mock him. Which in it's own right was a poor sign of leadership. Gundy was the adult in the room and should have known better. Should have done better. He's paid handsomely to know better and to do better.

Should he have resigned? No. But once it left that room, BV had no choice. The optics going forward for recruiting would have been a disaster. Nipping it in the bud now will only show the recruits and their parents that OU and BV is the right place to send their kids.
Lotta back and forth contradiction here brother. The world we live in though.

Drake Stoops has never added up to me. I cannot see Gundy going after Drake. In all cases, Drake Stoops has been the poster boy for doing more. Drake, by reputation, would seem to be the last guy in the room to not pay attention and be distracted. There are many different versions of what happened floating around. I hope the issue is dying a natural death and goes away. I hope the silence indicates a unity within the team and staff to not keep the matter alive.
Not just that Cale wouldn't go off on Drake. But Drake is one of those guys that doesn't play around during a team meeting. He's a guy who dots his i's and crosses his T's. There is a 99% likelihood that this was an AA guy in the meeting. And I don't mean All American.

Lotta back and forth contradiction here brother. The world we live in though.

Not really. BV set it straight. Gundy screwed up. Royally. And it cost him dearly. What he did was wrong. And it doesn't matter of what level of wrong either. He shouldn't have mocked the WR. Period. He should have disciplined him. But not mock him. And in doing so, he went too far and it cost him, the team, OU and us fans. It's a shitty deal. No doubt. OU is bigger than Cale Gundy, and any coach or player.

Not really. BV set it straight. Gundy screwed up. Royally. And it cost him dearly. What he did was wrong. And it doesn't matter of what level of wrong either. He shouldn't have mocked the WR. Period. He should have disciplined him. But not mock him. And in doing so, he went too far and it cost him, the team, OU and us fans. It's a shitty deal. No doubt. OU is bigger than Cale Gundy, and any coach or player.
Ridiculous. Soap opera bullshit.

Personally speaking, it doesn't matter who technically owns it. The fact that it was student issued means that it could easily have had personal data and info on that iPad. That he, Gundy displayed the contents on a big screen can easily be construed as a violation of personal data/info. With regards to the WR, I never stated that individual should not be held accountable. Of course he should. But I'm pretty confident in saying that he would not be the first nor last player toot pay attention during film study. The point is, Gundy's relationship w/ said player was not tight enough or strong enough to command his attention. As a result he attempted to embarrass him and mock him. Which in it's own right was a poor sign of leadership. Gundy was the adult in the room and should have known better. Should have done better. He's paid handsomely to know better and to do better.

Have you confirmed it was displayed on the big screen? I never asked about this point.

BTW another name being mentioned in regard to the Ipad owner is Bunkley -Shelton.

this is what was sent to me

I’ve heard it was the Bunkley-Shelton kid WR

When I asked him who he heard this from this was his reply

From Eddie Radio guy this morning and then again on radio during lunch

BTW another name being mentioned in regard to the Ipad owner is Bunkley -Shelton.

this is what was sent to me

I’ve heard it was the Bunkley-Shelton kid WR

When I asked him who he heard this from this was his reply

From Eddie Radio guy this morning and then again on radio during lunch

I can't imagine the heartache & pressure that kid is facing now. To know you were partially responsible for the resignation of a coach that was a beloved and considered an institution at OU has to be a difficult time for him. Whoever it is, I suspect will either get tough fast or portal.

I can't imagine the heartache & pressure that kid is facing now. To know you were partially responsible for the resignation of a coach that was a beloved and considered an institution at OU has to be a difficult time for him. Whoever it is, I suspect will either get tough fast or portal.
Your world.

Is there a single genuis on this board that can explain any of this with any kinda competency? ?

It's where we're at now in our society. Gundy shouldn't have read the word. Considering context it shouldn't have resulted in termination/forced resignation. I believe Brent did what he thought was the best, and easiest path to quick resolution.

I personally feel that Cale Gundy's 3 decades of established character should count for something but these aren't rational times.

It's where we're at now in our society. Gundy shouldn't have read the word. Considering context it shouldn't have resulted in termination/forced resignation. I believe Brent did what he thought was the best, and easiest path to quick resolution.

I personally feel that Cale Gundy's 3 decades of established character should count for something but these aren't rational times.
Yes, these are not rational times brother. My point all along.

I think this is the Arizona State guy that we picked up from the portal.

Personally speaking, it doesn't matter who technically owns it. The fact that it was student issued means that it could easily have had personal data and info on that iPad. That he, Gundy displayed the contents on a big screen can easily be construed as a violation of personal data/info. With regards to the WR, I never stated that individual should not be held accountable. Of course he should. But I'm pretty confident in saying that he would not be the first nor last player to not pay attention during film study. The point is, Gundy's relationship w/ said player was not tight enough or strong enough to command his attention. As a result he attempted to embarrass him and mock him. Which in it's own right was a poor sign of leadership. Gundy was the adult in the room and should have known better. Should have done better. He's paid handsomely to know better and to do better.

Technically there really is no expectation of privacy in a public setting. Now if Gundy made the kid give him his password to open the Ipad then yes but if there is something open where the public can see it, it's fair game. The kid should have gone into a private room if he wanted it to be private. Still the issue of Gundy saying it exists.

I guess it doesn't matter but I'll preface this by saying that I am not able to confirm because I was not in the wr meeting but the name I was told who could have been associated was Anderson. Again I'm not saying he is the one, just passing along some info as told to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT