ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Wood...and then He Wouldn't??

Weird. I guess these things just don't matter much to me anymore. Hope nothing bad happened, but the Sooners will be fine.

Weird. I guess these things just don't matter much to me anymore. Hope nothing bad happened, but the Sooners will be fine.
If I were Stoops, I would not invest any time to bring him back now. We have had our share of head cases and malcontents already. It's time to nip situations like this in the bud.

Reactions: keegan6868
I don't disagree CT, but I would say we need to see what's up first.
Agree, bc.....but I don't want to have this kid become a problem. All I have read is how much Wood has bought into the OU program and how he's eager to become a team member. Let's find out what his situation is....offer some help if he wants it....and get this situation over with, one way or the other.

I heard he left because Brad Wesley was stirring up some trouble at the Double Deuce, so he had to go down their and kick some butt. Oh.... wrong Dalton. Sorry. Never mind.

Seriously though, the article says he was the last signee to arrive, but left within the first 24 hours. I wonder if he really wanted to play QB and the doubt about signing with OU as a TE was stirring in the back of his mind all this time. The mind of an 18 year old can be a curious thing.

Reactions: DallasSooner
I heard he left because Brad Wesley was stirring up some trouble at the Double Deuce, so he had to go down their and kick some butt. Oh.... wrong Dalton. Sorry. Never mind.

Seriously though, the article says he was the last signee to arrive, but left within the first 24 hours. I wonder if he really wanted to play QB and the doubt about signing with OU as a TE was stirring in the back of his mind all this time. The mind of an 18 year old can be a curious thing.
Good point, Schooner, but shouldn't this issue been resolved last February ?
And with the quarterback situation being what it is, maybe a try at the position could have been considered by the staff.

Nah, I can't believe there was any doubt about the position Wood was going to play. That little detail would've been locked down early in his recruitment process.
You know, it could be anything really. An unwanted pregnancy to a gambling or substance abuse issue.

Everything is up for grabs these days...it's not the fifties anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
Too bad. The last time I looked at the poll regarding which new recruit would contribute the most this season, Dalton Wood had quite a few votes. This reminds me of the kid from Arkansas, McGee...I think. Came to Norman and left quickly. I thought Wood could have been a sleeper. Hate to see an instate kid do something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT