ADVERTISEMENT

#1 KU vs. #2 OU

You've been there before? What? 4 final fours doesn't really mean you've been anywhere ... I was coming over to see if you all really cared at all about a great team, seems like you don't, that's a shame.

Oklahoma is a football first program obviously but, clearly, there are plenty that are dedicated to the ball teams as well.

You are nobody to suggest what we do or don't care about...

...so piss off.

Oklahoma is a football first program obviously but, clearly, there are plenty that are dedicated to the ball teams as well.

You are nobody to suggest what we do or don't care about...

...so piss off.

Just saying ... your team is a national title contender easily, I figured with all the OU Football nuts there would be some Basketball nuts too ... didn't even try to come over here and talk any ill words, I love your team, I despise Kansas and I am pissed that you all lost lol. Hield is an absolute killer, we have to travel to Lawrence on the 30th, which I am positive will end terribly because that place is damn near impossible to win at, KU shot the last 15 free throws of the game ... just saying.

Just saying ... your team is a national title contender easily, I figured with all the OU Football nuts there would be some Basketball nuts too ... didn't even try to come over here and talk any ill words, I love your team, I despise Kansas and I am pissed that you all lost lol. Hield is an absolute killer, we have to travel to Lawrence on the 30th, which I am positive will end terribly because that place is damn near impossible to win at, KU shot the last 15 free throws of the game ... just saying.

Can't hold Kansas or their fans responsible for the refs.

Every program has their ass hat fans (you can find one of ours in this thread) but for the most part the KU fans seem respectful.

Can't hold Kansas or their fans responsible for the refs.

Every program has their ass hat fans (you can find one of ours in this thread) but for the most part the KU fans seem respectful.

I am very familiar with KU fans, being a Basketball nut (I cheer for the Kentucky football team too, even though they are absolutely abysmal, I do not care, I still love them) and the KU basketball fans are some of the most entitled idiots around. They think they are the greatest program of all time because they "invented" basketball, yet they have zero facts to back it up. I full expect OU to hand KU their butts in Norman.

I also had a question about football ... with Bobs brother Mark being our Football coach, do you ever think he differs some kids he doesn't want to Kentucky? Random question, but it's something I would do for my brother lol. Reason I ask is because our recruiting has been great since Stoops has been here (although mainly Ohio guys), but i know they Stoops are all from Ohio ... top 30 recruiting classes each year is fantastic for us. We're 22nd this year (good for 10th in the SEC ... yes, 10th.)

You've been there before? What? 4 final fours doesn't really mean you've been anywhere ... I was coming over to see if you all really cared at all about a great team, seems like you don't, that's a shame.
If you're referring to a few moronic posts, I can understand. But all you're doing is making yourself a target right now in a room full of sharpshooters. Not wise.

Reactions: Dreklie
If you're referring to a few moronic posts, I can understand. But all you're doing is making yourself a target right now in a room full of sharpshooters. Not wise.

Exactly why I deleted it lol, not even gonna lie I'm a bit heated it went down that way and I don't even like OU (I don't dislike the school at all, completely indifferent, I cheer for them when I happen to see their game on because the Stoops connection)

Exactly why I deleted it lol, not even gonna lie I'm a bit heated it went down that way and I don't even like OU (I don't dislike the school at all, completely indifferent, I cheer for them when I happen to see their game on because the Stoops connection)
Wise. ;)

Yes, it must be said that the normal, centered and well adjusted posters here do not condone, or endorse the sophomoric, infantile and drivel centric ravings of the two percenters that populate this great venue.

Also, you spew forth same at your own peril...

Fair warning...:D

I am very familiar with KU fans, being a Basketball nut (I cheer for the Kentucky football team too, even though they are absolutely abysmal, I do not care, I still love them) and the KU basketball fans are some of the most entitled idiots around. They think they are the greatest program of all time because they "invented" basketball, yet they have zero facts to back it up. I full expect OU to hand KU their butts in Norman.

I also had a question about football ... with Bobs brother Mark being our Football coach, do you ever think he differs some kids he doesn't want to Kentucky? Random question, but it's something I would do for my brother lol. Reason I ask is because our recruiting has been great since Stoops has been here (although mainly Ohio guys), but i know they Stoops are all from Ohio ... top 30 recruiting classes each year is fantastic for us. We're 22nd this year (good for 10th in the SEC ... yes, 10th.)

We know all about "entitled" fans. Anything less than a national title from our football team is a failure for many around here.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Yes, it must be said that the normal, centered and well adjusted posters here do not condone, or endorse the sophomoric, infantile and drivel centric ravings of the two percenters that populate this great venue.

Also, you spew forth same at your own peril...

Fair warning...:D
You've been studying FtWorth. Now if you start trying the passive/aggressive tact, I'm gonna get uncomfortable.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
We know all about "entitled" fans. Anything less than a national title from our football team is a failure for many around here.

I feel the same about our basketball program but life goes on. However 38-1 last year damaged me lol. I mean that hurt. Badly.

Don't feel bad, we're the best at everything. :)

Lol, you remind me of a lot of people on our basketball board. Our football board is surprisingly very active. Even though our program has been bad historically we have amazing fan support. Just waiting on Stoops to turn it around. And in time I believe he will. I had an argument with a UL fan and would like a football "blue blood" if you will, to answer. Louisville fans claim their football is nationally relevant. I claim they are not. Do you even have Louisville on your radar as a OU fan?

About Louisville: Not really. They ain't shat but they certainly don't come to mind when I think college football.

Wonder how bad we would've beaten Kansas if OU shot better than 27% in the 1st half and if Cousins played well. I'd say at least a 10-15 point victory. OU should be #2 in both polls after last night's 3 OT loss to the #1 team in the country on the road. No way OU should drop below #2 if the polls are fair.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Lol, you remind me of a lot of people on our basketball board. Our football board is surprisingly very active. Even though our program has been bad historically we have amazing fan support. Just waiting on Stoops to turn it around. And in time I believe he will. I had an argument with a UL fan and would like a football "blue blood" if you will, to answer. Louisville fans claim their football is nationally relevant. I claim they are not. Do you even have Louisville on your radar as a OU fan?
Not really. Now OSU and Texas....MOST definitely. ;) Give Coach Stoops time, he comes from Royal Bloodlines. :)

Wonder how bad we would've beaten Kansas if OU shot better than 27% in the 1st half and if Cousins played well. I'd say at least a 10-15 point victory. OU should be #2 in both polls after last night's 3 OT loss to the #1 team in the country on the road. No way OU should drop below #2 if the polls are fair.
Agree 100%.

I agree Scottsdale...some crucial turnovers late. However we have zero chance vs Kansas without him

Reactions: BillyRay
This is true, but they said he played 49 of 50 minutes and the entire game vs Iowa State just two days prior? Maybe some of those turnovers were due to fatigue.

This is true, but they said he played 49 of 50 minutes and the entire game vs Iowa State just two days prior? Maybe some of those turnovers were due to fatigue.

Stop using rational thought and please focus on the few negatives of one of the greatest performances in Sooner sports history.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
We got a big break at the end of regulation. Lattin fouled the guy on the drive, not called, and then he got to shoot a free throw to win it.

We got a horrible call on the throw in. The defender reached over the plane to steal the throw in. AND when you can't back up to throw it in. the defender has to back off, much less be up on him. Horrible no call and easy because it's not judgement. It's easy.

But OUr guys were on fumes. OUr depth shortage was big. Buddy played 54 or the 55 minutes.

------

I tried to post that last night but it wouldn't post. Glad ESPN made the point, but that is ridiculously bad officiating. Self used that to intentionally see what play OU was running. Lon knew he would, so the first play was a fake. But when the official let them be illegal Buddy had little chance to get the ball in. They missed several calls both ways. But that's a horrible time to miss the easy call. I think it's the same guy who screwed up the good D play by KU at the end of the half which cause Self's technical.

Probably the best official in the conference was there, John Higglns. And it was Higgins' call on the uncalled basket interference when the KU guy reached up through the basket. That's an easy one and he crapped it out.

But it was an amazing game. And we have to remember that these regular season games in college basketball, even the great one, don't mean a lot, once you get to the Duke Invitational.

Good post Plaino. Seemed like all the calls were in our favor in the 1st half and all in theirs in 2nd half and the OTs. Nature of the game.

You'd think that basket interference would be reviewable.

Reactions: BillyRay
Game for the ages y'all. Kudos to the guys for letting it all hang out. Bravo!

Hield is just insane. A scoring machine. It will be good to see another OU player in the NBA. If he can show a consistent mid-range game (may already have it), I could see him being a top ten pick.

I will add one item to Plaino's post which was pretty much spot on regarding the officiating. I believe it was Woodard's fourth foul where he had what appeared to be a clean strip and steal. Very similar to the play where Self got the technical. Anywho, that ended up hurting with Woodard fouling out a bit later. Woodard would have been a great option to have coming down the stretch of that third OT.

On another topic, the announcers (mainly Vitale) kept commenting on Spangler not taking shots down the stretch. While this is purely speculation, there are two possible reasons. Number one, he was simply gassed and didn't trust his offense. He let the primary scorers do their thing. Second, he was afraid of picking up his fifth foul. I believe he had already been called for two charges.

Regarding Cousins, he is a very streaky player. We've seen that for a couple of years now. One additional item to throw out there is his transition to point guard. There is a learning curve. He may still be trying to feel his way regarding when to shoot, penetrate, dish, etc. You could kind of pick up on that when listening to Coach Lon's audio throughout the game.

Lattin also had a nice game...especially on the defensive end. It's nice to see a defensive presence inside. KU will get theirs inside. But I would rather see them making jump hooks versus constant layups/dunks. Lattin also stayed out of foul trouble. That is a good sign.

Coach Self had nothing but compliments for our squad. He stated that they (KU) played really good defense. Yet we still put up all those points!

The Big 12 season is going to be a blood bath. For those of you that live around OKC, I sure hope you get out to support this team. I am going to do my best to make the trip down I-44 to at least one game. Would love to get the family to that KU rematch.

Jason

Cousins had a bad shooting night, not a bad game overall. His defense was simply brilliant.

Game for the ages y'all. Kudos to the guys for letting it all hang out. Bravo!

Hield is just insane. A scoring machine. It will be good to see another OU player in the NBA. If he can show a consistent mid-range game (may already have it), I could see him being a top ten pick.

I will add one item to Plaino's post which was pretty much spot on regarding the officiating. I believe it was Woodard's fourth foul where he had what appeared to be a clean strip and steal. Very similar to the play where Self got the technical. Anywho, that ended up hurting with Woodard fouling out a bit later. Woodard would have been a great option to have coming down the stretch of that third OT.

On another topic, the announcers (mainly Vitale) kept commenting on Spangler not taking shots down the stretch. While this is purely speculation, there are two possible reasons. Number one, he was simply gassed and didn't trust his offense. He let the primary scorers do their thing. Second, he was afraid of picking up his fifth foul. I believe he had already been called for two charges.

Regarding Cousins, he is a very streaky player. We've seen that for a couple of years now. One additional item to throw out there is his transition to point guard. There is a learning curve. He may still be trying to feel his way regarding when to shoot, penetrate, dish, etc. You could kind of pick up on that when listening to Coach Lon's audio throughout the game.

Lattin also had a nice game...especially on the defensive end. It's nice to see a defensive presence inside. KU will get theirs inside. But I would rather see them making jump hooks versus constant layups/dunks. Lattin also stayed out of foul trouble. That is a good sign.

Coach Self had nothing but compliments for our squad. He stated that they (KU) played really good defense. Yet we still put up all those points!

The Big 12 season is going to be a blood bath. For those of you that live around OKC, I sure hope you get out to support this team. I am going to do my best to make the trip down I-44 to at least one game. Would love to get the family to that KU rematch.

Jason

Great post. Good observation about Woodard's 4th foul and the impact with him out. Also, Cousins playing PG will NO DOUBT impact his scoring...VERY different mindset and scoring spots on the floor. Best CBB game I've ever seen. Short of the '72 Olympics, maybe the best I've ever seen...seriously.

I loved that our inside D is MUCH improved AND we're honestly not as dependent on the 3-ball as we were last year. More creative on offense.

This team is very, very good and should get better, maybe much before the season's done.

Where the heck has Manyang been? His height is a huge help and his offensive game is starting to make strides. I haven't see him at all the last 2 games. He really helped on the boards in Hawaii, along with giving players quality breather time, and that length is tough to defend.

Anyone know if he's hurt?

Where the heck has Manyang been? His height is a huge help and his offensive game is starting to make strides. I haven't see him at all the last 2 games. He really helped on the boards in Hawaii, along with giving players quality breather time, and that length is tough to defend.

Anyone know if he's hurt?

I don't think he's hurt and while he has the skill set to be a defensive presence, he's not playing anywhere near the level of Lattin. He can still be a liability by being out of position.

I think he'll pick up bigger minutes against weaker Big 12 competition but these last 2 games were huge and close most of the way.

Just my 2 pennies.

Yankees please grow up and stop the baiting posts you know what you're doing and so do I. If you keep it up your gone. This is a good OU team playing in a though place. And you're baiting OU fans. Your fake ignore of BC is easy to see. Enjoy the board or you will be gone. I know you think it's funny how you post.... But guess what your not you're embarrsing your self and I'm stupid and can see what your doing. You don't have BC on ignore just stop man it's old after 4 years.
Don't take this personally Mike, but I honestly didn't realize you were still a mod. I thought Josh was running the board now.

So your position is that each of KU's players played as well as possible?

Hardly. Mason and Ellis both shot way below their usual %.

OU was also flat-out gifted 4 pts at the end of the first half, plus a 4-pt swing at the end of regulation that allowed OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT