ADVERTISEMENT

WOKElahoma - November 11, 2020

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*Alright so obviously last week's big news was the reemergence of Oklahoma with Jardin Gilbert after that situation seemed to be on life support just a few short weeks ago. One of the immediate questions that resulted in the renewed relationship was what that meant to Oklahoma's numbers game.

After talking to a few sources I wouldn't say there is anything that is decided but my general feeling is that Oklahoma wants to take Gilbert and then will likely be done at defensive back. Now, obviously the situation in the secondary has had a lot of twists and turns and with the 2021 roster having a lot of questions marks due to COVID, the lack of 2020 counting against eligibility, and the one year ballooning of scholarships to 110 so I'm not ready to say, with three months of decisions left, that anything is final.

However, right now the plan is for Oklahoma to reel in Gilbert and let him be part of a four man secondary class of himself, Damond Harmon, Latrell McCutchin, and Jordan Mukes.

**So much was made on Monday night that Kelvin Gilliam had a zoom chat with Notre Dame but what went under the radar was that Oklahoma also had a talk with him and from what I was told 'everything felt the same' and 'there were no red flags'.

Again, as Gilliam told me on Monday night.

"(All of this is) definitely leading me to my loyalty with Oklahoma. Oklahoma has given me an opportunity that lives up to the standard right now," Gilliam said. "Coming in and playing early, being one of the vocal leaders in the locker room, the players already know who I am. It’s a lot to live up to the potential and opportunity that Oklahoma is going to give me."

***So in last week's Scoop, @Sooner_Scoop talked about five-star running back Camar Wheaton and the odd signals he is sending.

So Oklahoma has been a bit hit and miss with the nation's No. 7 overall prospect but from the sources I've spoken to both LSU and Alabama 'believe he is going to Oklahoma' and neither has had any real contact with Wheaton in quite some time.

So basically of his three finalists, he is a bit hit and miss with the Sooners and isn't speaking to Alabama or LSU much, if at all.

So that's kind of what you have with Wheaton, do you read into how he is with Oklahoma or how he is with everyone else? Because absolutely no one feels confident about him while standing in their own shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News