ADVERTISEMENT

WOKElahoma - March 23, 2021

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*A name that has started to come up a bit as of late with the Sooners offensive line recruiting is Puyallup, Wash. Rivals250 offensive guard Dave Iuli.

The Sooners have tried for several years to try and get seriously involved with a few prospects in the Northwest corner of the United States and have made a few concerted runs in the last few years (notably Emeka Egbuka and Geirean Hatchett). In each case Oklahoma came up just a bit short in the end but sooner or later they'll punch through and come up with a big win in the area. Could Iuli be that guy?

To tha tend, Iuli has told some that Sooners chances at his signature were enough so that I wanted to check around with a few sources and see what to make of the reality that Oklahoma seems to be the only school out of region that he is serious about.

"(Oklahoma) has a shot but it's going to be hard for him to leave the area," a source said.

We'll keep an eye on it as Iuli is a take for the Sooners at the moment but with a number of offensive linemen vying for spots, things could close up quickly.

**I know some of you all have asked about Luther Burden and his transfer to East St. Louis, Ill. as they started their season last week. I went to check the stats and found out he hadn't actually played last week and so I did some checking around and it sounds as though he has not yet been cleared to play.

For those that forgot, Burden transferred from St. Louis Cardinal Ritter to East St. Louis and was hoping to follow up his great fall season at Ritter by playing a spring season in Illinois - a nearly unheard of possibility before Covid.

But after talking to a few sources it sounds like he has not yet been cleared for play though there is still confidence that he'll get on the field this season for the traditional Illinois powerhouse.

Beyond that there have continued to be some rumors that Missouri is making a move for him - far enough that a week ago some were asking if he might be flipping 'very soon' but as time passes it feels like a rumor that just won't go away. Keep an eye on the Tigers as they are working hard to shift his focus.

***As a side note I'm all set for Virginia next weekend, I'll be there to catch Highland Springs, and it's pair of Oklahoma signees Kelvin Gilliam and Damond Harmon take on Varina. Also it'll be my first chance to see 2023 cornerback offer Bryalon Johnson, who is the son of Springers head coach Loren Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News