ADVERTISEMENT

WOKElahoma - August 10, 2022

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*So we'll start with the news of Jordan Renaud announcing his decision date of September 19.

The immediate question, for a player down to Oklahoma and Alabama, is what does that timeline do to the Sooners chances?

Well, the belief has been for a while that Oklahoma would be aided by a later decision and that the Tide might simply run out of spots for the big edge rusher from Tyler (Texas) Legacy. In talking to some folks this doesn't feel like something that is risk with Renaud being on this timeline. So...are the Sooners in trouble? I honestly don't think so, at least I'm not ready to go that far yet.

Oklahoma has, repeatedly, this summer done incredibly well with the timing of their official visits - that's a storyline I've talked about over and over again. And yet again here, Oklahoma has their official visit in their pocket and will undoubtedly try and get Renaud on campus for one of those first two visit weekends - UTEP and Kent State. I'd expect them to do so though I don't know of something being finalized.

I still go back to the confidence that was around Renaud following his last visit to Norman for the Party at the Palace and the very likely reality that his last two visits will be to Norman, Okla.

That's a tough thing for me to type and say 'oh, he's going to Alabama'. I could be wrong and obviously Alabama is a huge monster to slay but if it was any other school on the planet, OU would be considered a heavy favorite with these realities considered.

**We'll stick with the defensive line and a battle I'm not expecting Oklahoma to come out ahead on, again against Alabama. And in this case it's North Kansas City, Mo. standout defensive tackle Edric Hill.

The big man had Oklahoma in his top six, along with the Tide, Oregon, LSU, USC, and Missouri. And, unlike Renaud, he didn't end up making his trip to Norman for the Party at the Palace which seems like a huge red flag.

Finally, he mentioned that his decision was upcoming...

Much as his teammate, and current Sooner commitment, P.J. Adebawore did less than two weeks before his July 10 commitment announcement.

The decision figures to come, at least, within that timeline and I'm still feeling confident in my Alabama choice for him.

"It just feels like something would have moved forward (with OU) if it was going to," a source said.

***Just a brief note but I've heard from several places as of late that an in-state player who has made a real impression on the Sooner staff is Deer Creek 2025 quarterback Grady Adamson. We talked a bit about him after the early June camps as a guy that started kind of on the periphery but before the day was out was working out under the eye of Jeff Lebby.

Well he came back and was part of the camp 'event' a few weeks ago and the tremendously talented young quarterback seems to have made an impression.

I'm not claiming an offer is coming but I'm a big fan and wouldn't be surprised if he is a guy that Oklahoma gives a very long look at in their 2025 quarterback recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News