ADVERTISEMENT

Winners -Losers

Seven 2nd half drives and only 7 points with 4 turnovers (2 fumbles 2 by downs) defense giving up 31.1 points a game against P5 teams.

Go to the part about Lebby. Its spot on

Hard to argue with that. At this point in time, Lebby has probably done more to boost the fast food sales in Norman than he has done to boost OU's offensive production.

Hard to argue with that. At this point in time, Lebby has probably done more to boost the fast food sales in Norman than he has done to boost OU's offensive production.
Right now Lebby and his play calling would grade a solid D the last two games but getting closer to that F.

This almost sounds like the John Blake era.
The train is off the track. The season is on life support. The fan base is irritated. The team is mismanaged. The players who temporarily over performed now are under performers. Basically a receipt for a minor bowl game.
Lebby is not offensive coordinator material and Venables might just a defensive coordinator posing as a head coach.

Now it’s once again the time of the year to watch all the other top ten teams (not OU) compete for a natty.

It’s been almost 25 years since OU won a natty.. it looks like it might be another 25 years with this crew at OU.

Relax all, at least we’re not Iowa bad winning 10-7 with about 160 yards of Offense for a whole game

Last edited:
The defense has improved greatly under Venables, he needs a few more years and he will have the players on both sides of the ball. Arnold will help a lot but we need those Bedenbaugh Maulers of the past. Next year will be rough, just the schedule alone. Unless we get some really good D&O Lineman in the portal, OU is still a few years out.
Has anyone heard what they plan to do with Byrd? He needs to move to Dline, he can't play the Oline at this level. Right now a true Freshman is the most talented Olineman we have. Green is a stud and will only get better. haven't seen a kid this ready, this early, since Humphrey.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I get the blame on Lebby. But 2 weeks in a row on what amounted to the game winning drives, the HEAD COACH has gotten 15 yard penalties. How can a team be disciplined if the head coach lacks discipline?

Air, not to change the subject but how come we can’t see your sweet car icon on our board ?

I get the blame on Lebby. But 2 weeks in a row on what amounted to the game winning drives, the HEAD COACH has gotten 15 yard penalties. How can a team be disciplined if the head coach lacks discipline?

1 penalty on BV, the one last week was on Bill B the Off Line Coach, cussed a ref.
Brent said in his presser after Bedlam that he asked the ref a question, didn't swear at him or anything just asked a question and was hit with the penalty, he said he guessed it was because he was too far out on the field and he said there was a lot of a lack of discipline Sat including himself.

Go back and read the post I was referencing. Your points are irrelevant to what I was commenting on.
Why, because you said ALMOST in bold? Any even remote comparison of Blake to anything going on now is insulting to this staff, and should be called out for idiocy.

Under LR, we made the final four more than once. Yet l've not read anyone in any site, that prefers him to BV. Okay maybe some USC sites in the past. They're now stuck with him.

We're in the process and still have growing pains. Unfortunate, but TBOW left a depleted roster filled with entitlement. Let's see how this year turns out.

Why, because you said ALMOST in bold? Any even remote comparison of Blake to anything going on now is insulting to this staff, and should be called out for idiocy.

Under LR, we made the final four more than once. Yet l've not read anyone in any site, that prefers him to BV. Okay maybe some USC sites in the past. They're now stuck with him.

We're in the process and still have growing pains. Unfortunate, but TBOW left a depleted roster filled with entitlement. Let's see how this year turns out.
You are like arguing with a sign post. Again, read the post I was referencing and tell me that it didn’t read like a something that could have been posted during 1997. I didn’t compare BV to John Blake. And evidently your interpretation of my use of almost is much different than mine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT