ADVERTISEMENT

Williams Nwaneri commits to Misery

All depends on the paycheck my man.

Paycheck figures into it, but who can best prepare him for the NFL might ultimately make him consider entering the transfer portal down the line. While he's in college, playing for a team whose goal is to qualify for the Liberty Bowl might not be that enjoyable to spend his college career at.

You guys realize Mizzou has several more DL first round NFL draft picks in the past 15 years than OU, right?

Paycheck figures into it, but who can best prepare him for the NFL might ultimately make him consider entering the transfer portal down the line. While he's in college, playing for a team whose goal is to qualify for the Liberty Bowl might not be that enjoyable to spend his college career at.
Brother I agree. But, you have to admit, kid just might have an NFL contract already dangling in his face even at this time. Wouldn't surprise me.

While I would love to have him, I’m glad he stayed in State rather than sign with a top program (in the SEC). I wish him well.
Can anyone here remember any meaningful football by Missouri since they left the big 12? Seriously, I haven't seen Missouri on a football field with my own eyes since they joined the SEC. I forgot about their existence.

They're about as much sec as Vanderbilt

Reactions: iasooner2000
Since joining the SEC, Missouri has won two SEC East championships (11 and 12 win seasons) but got waxed in the conference finals. But to your point, Missouri football has pretty much been a nothing burger since leaving the B12, but better than Nebraska and Colorado. Not too different than before.

Since joining the SEC, Missouri has won two SEC East championships (11 and 12 win seasons) but got waxed in the conference finals. But to your point, Missouri football has pretty much been a nothing burger since leaving the B12, but better than Nebraska and Colorado. Not too different than before.
More than that, at least where I live (LA), I never see Missouri football on TV. The networks simply don't carry their games unless they're playing Alabama or Georgia. That was more of my point, but I didn't write it out well. It was in my brain but didn't make it to my fingers and keyboard.

As an LA resident, if I were to take off my crimson glasses, what I see is Alabama Georgia Ohio State and yes, we see Oklahoma. Oklahoma is broadcasted the same as UCLA and USC out here. We're blue bloods. I just don't understand a top talent going to a nobody school. He must not believe in himself.

Welcome to the wonderful and mysterious world of recruiting.
Maybe Nwaneri, like most high schoolers, wants to play close to home.... or likes the coaches more at Missouri.
He also was recruited by all the top powerhouses in the nation.
Who knows?

I don’t know if some of you guys are still living in the 1980’s, but almost every college football game is broadcast nationally now, every week. Just because it isn’t on ABC or CBS doesn’t mean it’s not a national broadcast. If you have an average cable, satellite or streaming provider you can watch almost any game.

I don’t know if some of you guys are still living in the 1980’s, but almost every college football game is broadcast nationally now, every week. Just because it isn’t on ABC or CBS doesn’t mean it’s not a national broadcast. If you have an average cable, satellite or streaming provider you can watch almost any game.

Besides some kids just love playing for the team they grew up loving and in front of family and friends. Think of Jory transferring back home to play for Nebraska. But she is bringing back two national championship rings with her, so there’s that to consider. 😊

Give him a year or two and he'll be wanting to transfer out of that loser program
He was all about NIL. In an interview just a couple of days before the announcement, he was quoted as saying the if it was just about football, OU would have been his choice. But I think it was documented that Mizzou had the highest bid.

Except OU's PPV game.

He was all about NIL. In an interview just a couple of days before the announcement, he was quoted as saying the if it was just about football, OU would have been his choice. But I think it was documented that Mizzou had the highest bid.
What I read was that Missouri offered a very good NIL.

Stay after him.

Gotta have Stone. If he goes elsewhere it's a bad sign.
He is basically our last hope for a top DL and he is a good one .
Dominick McKinley will probably commit to Texas on 9/1/23 .
He loves their staff, wants to major in Engineering and the NIL is top notch .
Anybody have any inside info as to where we stand ?
I have relatives in the Lafayette area and am getting my info there .
We have to have Stone or will need to hit the portal hard .

Last edited:
He is basically our last hope for a top DL and he is a good one .
Dominick McKinley will probably commit to Texas on 9/1/23 .
He loves their staff, wants to major in Engineering and the NIL is top notch .
Anybody have any inside info as to where we stand ?
I have relatives in the Lafayette area and am getting my info there .
We have to have Stone or will need to hit the portal hard .

This is merely my speculation but I think Stone is a lock. It appears he's making the most of his recruitment and the attention coming with it, but I also think us not landing these top flight guys is going to push him our way even more. He wants the spotlight on him.

Welcome to the minor league guys. CFB really is becoming a highest-bidder wins paradigm. I think without salary caps, some college teams will become the Cowboys of the 90's. The phrase "don't hate the player, hate the game", may truly come to fruition. I don't blame the players but the degradation of the sport looks to be a forgone conclusion.

Last edited:
When I saw RJ in the Army All Star game, I thought he was very overrated. He was a smallish guy was pretty good quickness, but not good taking on a run blocker at all. And he had one pass rush move, which was wide around the corner. I put Jamarcus McFarland in the same bust category or worse. At least Washington stayed the course. Jamarcus never had work ethic at all. He got by on pure size and some talent. And without work ethic, OU coaches kept trying to make a decent player out of him. Can remember whether he left after two years or three, but he didn't stay the course.

That doesn't hold water with me. Does MU have more tradition? Do they pay their player's more? Oklahoman should have a ton of NIL money. I think he doesn't wanna leave home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT