ADVERTISEMENT

Why this is on the coaches.

SDS28

Sooner starter
Jun 2, 2001
Edmond, OK
I know there's been a ton of posts about who's to blame and how bad the OL is etc.

But to me it comes down purely to coaching.

Let's take a look at simple facts.

Texas is not very good, they just aren't. Last week TCU gave us the perfect playbook on how to beat Texas. yet for whatever reason OU didn't follow it. Arrogance? I don't know. I just know they didn't. I read previews both from Joe here, which was very well written, and from the braniacs. Both previews spelled out that Texas would run because Heard can't pass. It was laid out how TCU bracketed the ends and forced Texas to the middle, I read how the five receiver set and slants and screens killed Texas. yet our coaches either didn't see it or refused to see it.

Both Riley and Mike Stoops had terrible game plans. We should have learned from West Virginia and their pressure and known what Texas likes to do as well and played an offense that neutralizes that. But we didn't. That's on Riley. The way we defended UT was on Mike. I sat next to a Texas fan, who was actually pretty cool and he was shocked at our offensive and defensive gameplan. Even Rice destroyed UT on yards, yet turnovers and such killed Rice.

I've never called for coaches to be fired, I've refused to. Yet, I'm fed up. Mike needs to go, Kish needs to go. I'll give Bob in my mind one more year and if there aren't changes, I'll still love OU as a team like I've done since I was a little boy 40 years + years ago going to games, but I think my support for Bob will be over.

It's time to make those hard choices and getting rid of your brother is one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.