ADVERTISEMENT

Why do some of you think this way?

sooners23

Sooner starter
Jun 20, 2001
www.etsy.com
Ok so I am not sure if I am on the fire Bob train 100% yet but getting close. I am on the fire Mike train for sure. But what I am really frustrated and confused by is those of you who use the come back to those wanting Bob gone of "we need to keep Bob, I remember the Blake years". So if we are following this right you think the only coach in America who can win is Bob. That anyone we hire would make us worse than we are now. You know, 8-4, 7-5 kind of bad. So every other coach in America would go what, 5-7? I understand what Bob has done for OU. He got them back to where they belonged, the elite of CF. but to say because of that it is ok to now have these types of games every year is nuts. This is not a 1-2 year thing. We have been going down this slope since 2008. Terrible hiring/retaining decisions for years have killed recruiting to a point it will take 3-4 years of good recruiting to make up for it. If you still have zero doubts about who it all comes back to ask yourself this. Since 2009 there have now been several coaching changes on the staff. Every time we think ok finally things will get better yet they have not. Who is the main constant left after all the upheaval? I would think that is enough to at least make you have some thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.