ADVERTISEMENT

Why do NFL teams insist on wearing those ugly ass uniforms

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
I am not a NFL fan but I occasionally tune in for a while. Last week I saw Pittsburgh and they were in a god awful throw back uni. Today, it's Green Bay wearing the old time uniforms. If I were the top dog in the NFL I would have it in my contract that I would never have to play in one of those crappy throw backs. What is that all about anyway? Who is still alive when those were worn? Oh, shit, I probably am. Check that as Bob Barry would say.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I am not a NFL fan but I occasionally tune in for a while. Last week I saw Pittsburgh and they were in a god awful throw back uni. Today, it's Green Bay wearing the old time uniforms. If I were the top dog in the NFL I would have it in my contract that I would never have to play in one of those crappy throw backs. What is that all about anyway? Who is still alive when those were worn? Oh, shit, I probably am. Check that as Bob Barry would say.

Well, you gotta yell, help!

PT, how do you come up with all this terrific stuff? You have to share your genius with me. I'm a technical nerd, but I'd like to be......heck, I don't think I can catch on. Damn.

PT, how do you come up with all this terrific stuff? You have to share your genius with me. I'm a technical nerd, but I'd like to be......heck, I don't think I can catch on. Damn.

Insanity. An undiscovered illness. A gin you wine prick of ass tronomical proportions... what were we talking about?

Why are you watching pro football ?

My wife turned it on to check on Dallas. I do not have total control of the remote in our house. :( But I can tell you that other than the occasional super bowl, I haven't watch a complete NFL game since Barry was coaching the Cowboys. And I hated Dallas even while he was coaching. In the 80's I was in a local fantasy league we cooked up among guys I went to high school with. This was before there were computer leagues. Those couple of years are last of my NFL interest. The strike in 1987 ?? Did it for me. I can't believe I told all you guys that my wife rules my house.

My wife turned it on to check on Dallas. I do not have total control of the remote in our house. :( But I can tell you that other than the occasional super bowl, I haven't watch a complete NFL game since Barry was coaching the Cowboys. And I hated Dallas even while he was coaching. In the 80's I was in a local fantasy league we cooked up among guys I went to high school with. This was before there were computer leagues. Those couple of years are last of my NFL interest. The strike in 1987 ?? Did it for me. I can't believe I told all you guys that my wife rules my house.
My interest in pro football ended December 31st 1980 when Bum was fired by the Oilers.
As for the uniforms, the stupidity by Nike covers both pro and college football and to my knowledge, only Alabama has maintained its uniform as it's always been. IMO, OU's alternate uniform, if it is to continue, needs to be worn with white socks and with a solid red (or white) jersey without the Little Lord Fauntleroy collar.

My interest in pro football ended December 31st 1980 when Bum was fired by the Oilers.
As for the uniforms, the stupidity by Nike covers both pro and college football and to my knowledge, only Alabama has maintained its uniform as it's always been. IMO, OU's alternate uniform, if it is to continue, needs to be worn with white socks and with a solid red (or white) jersey without the Little Lord Fauntleroy collar.

But, but, today's recruits love the alternative uniforms! How does Alabama compete for players when they are forced to wear that same old outdated uniform? LOL. No one can convince me that Mike Gundy isn't on the alternate uniform bandwagon. He is getting more weird with each passing day. If OU ever goes to using black or gray, it will be a sad day for the program, IMO.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner

Why is the little lord fondling Roy?

OMG! I haven't heard this in over 30 years! Thanks for shaking off some cobwebs!

As for the OP, it's all about marketing Oklabama. NFL's gotta keep the money rolling in by giving fans more uniform "options" to buy!

I've never consider that, Schoonerman. I didn't think about a Pittsburg Steeler fan wanting to wear one of those black and "yellow" vertical striped jerseys. Now that is how far removed l am from pro football I am. LOL

I've never consider that, Schoonerman. I didn't think about a Pittsburg Steeler fan wanting to wear one of those black and "yellow" vertical striped jerseys. Now that is how far removed l am from pro football I am. LOL

I'd rather wear a Redbone concert tee....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT