ADVERTISEMENT

Who to root for this weekend, I think?

Got Rings?

Walk-on candidate
Jul 31, 2010
Here is what needs to happen this weekend to help us down the road and assuming we win out.

S.C. beat Florida (could happen)
Maryland beat Michigan State (not happening)
Illinois beat Ohio State (not happening)
Mississippi State beat Alabama (could happen)
Syracuse beat Clemson (not happening)
Miami beat N.C. (could happen)
Indiana beat Michigan (could happen)
OSU beat Iowa State (has to happen)
Wake Forest beat ND (not happening)
Pigs beat LSU (could happen)
Oregon beat Stanford (could happen)
Minnesota beat Iowa (could happen)
Arizona beat Utah not happening)

I think S. C. , Mississippi State and the Pigs are the most likely to pull upsets. We need OSU to win big the next two weeks so they are ranked as high as possible when we play them. We really need Oregon to beat Stanford and then ND to lose to Stanford.

Anything I'm missing here? Any other upsets you feel could happen?

Here is what needs to happen this weekend to help us down the road and assuming we win out.

S.C. beat Florida (could happen)
Maryland beat Michigan State (not happening)
Illinois beat Ohio State (not happening)
Mississippi State beat Alabama (could happen)
Syracuse beat Clemson (not happening)
Miami beat N.C. (could happen)
Indiana beat Michigan (could happen)
OSU beat Iowa State (has to happen)
Wake Forest beat ND (not happening)
Pigs beat LSU (could happen)
Oregon beat Stanford (could happen)
Minnesota beat Iowa (could happen)

I think S. C. , Mississippi State and the Pigs are the most likely to pull upsets. We need OSU to win big the next two weeks so they are ranked as high as possible when we play them. We really need Oregon to beat Stanford and then ND to lose to Stanford.

Anything I'm missing here? Any other upsets you feel could happen?

Rings, I like all your wish list results, but I've bolded team games that I feel would help the Sooners the most. The SEC, Big 10 and ACC will almost certainly have teams represented in the playoffs, so OU's best chance to be the fourth team in the playoff is to win out and hope for ND to lose (Stanford) and Stanford to lose (probably in the PAC CCG). Of course, losses by any of the following teams are going to benefit the Big 12, which would be sweet: Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Florida and Iowa. Unfortunately, I give all of these teams a better than average chance to win the rest of their games except for Florida and Iowa. If OU gets into the playoffs they will likely be matched up with Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson. If so, that would mean OU has beaten TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State, and then I would really give the Sooners as good a chance to win the national championship as any of the other three. I know that a lot of dominoes have to fall in our favor, and I would love for Bob Stoops to prove me wrong about him ever winning another natty at OU. Winning a national championship has a lot to do with luck, and the luck I'm referring to now is for the teams I've mentioned to stumble. Of course OU must play its best football the rest of the way.

Reactions: Got Rings?
OSU losing doesn't hurt us, dosent matter if they have a loss or not OU wins out they're in. What's funny is many on this board gave OU no chance to make the playoffs. Go look at the thread pinned at top of the board.

OSU losing doesn't hurt us, dosent matter if they have a loss or not OU wins out they're in. What's funny is many on this board gave OU no chance to make the playoffs. Go look at the thread pinned at top of the board.

Mike, you're right. Probably less than 5% of us truly gave this squad a chance. But there were way too many questions. If in August you truly believed the Sooners would be in a position to win against TCU and Baylor at this point and make the playoffs, then I have to hand it to you. Boomer Sooner!

Mike, you're right. Probably less than 5% of us truly gave this squad a chance. But there were way too many questions. If in August you truly believed the Sooners would be in a position to win against TCU and Baylor at this point and make the playoffs, then I have to hand it to you. Boomer Sooner!

Well, the talent is there, the next thing that has to be in place is a good staff. Put the two together and here we are. Yes but I was acutully wrong..... I thought we would be undefeated up to now.

Well, the talent is there, the next thing that has to be in place is a good staff. Put the two together and here we are. Yes but I was acutully wrong..... I thought we would be undefeated up to now.

Ha, well we certainly should be. Don't you agree? Maybe the loss to UT is the reason why this team has performed so well and is prepared to run the November cycle. I hope so.

History is hard to digest at times. Baylor has beat OU the last 3 out of 4 games. If we get by Baylor, then I'll get big time jacked up. I've got OU beating Baylor, but it isn't going to be EZ.

Also regarding who beats who... I'm thinking we're going to need IOWA to win out including beating tOSU. This would help big time.

Mike, I'm not so sure you are right about this. I think we need OSU to be the highest rated as possible to play on that last weekend we have to showcase in front of the country. I don't think it is a slam dunk that we get in with that black eye texas loss. I still think we need help by ND losing for sure and hopefully others. I think you may be right if we absolutely destroy all our remaining opponents and win by big margins and look good doing it. Style points may be needed. (this gives us a reason to run up the score in bedlam) ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT