ADVERTISEMENT

Who Elevates Today? - Individual Performances to Watch

Spacemon25

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2017
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Who will stand out in the RRR/Which players must have a HUGE impact for Oklahoma to win the game?

1️⃣ Eli Bowen has been Oklahoma’s most physical corner. His PFF is through the roof as a newcomer because of the fluidity he has showed up with and tremendous reaction time. Some of the best mirroring capability I have seen in a corner at Oklahoma since Aaron Colvin.

2️⃣ While I have notably not been his biggest fan, and was rightly skeptical when we heard all the hype out of fall camp, Jovantae Barnes is still the player the Sooners will roll with for the lion-share of the snaps. If Oklahoma runs power concepts, I believe he will be far more successful.

3️⃣ Jayden Jackson, Gracen Halton, Damonic Williams & Dajon Terry all need to win their matchups today. Oklahoma needs to be able to handle the run with their front four. If this is done, then the Sooners will have a chance.

4️⃣ This will be R. Mason Thomas’ game in which he puts the country on notice. I believe his explosiveness an confidence he’s developed helps to reduce any possible advantage that Texas has on the edge on passing downs. This game has been won by the team that dominate the defensive line of scrimmage and this year will be no different.

Fearless Prediction:

Sooner WR, Jaquiaze Pettaway goes for 100+ yards receiving. Upon watching a good chunk of the last two games, Pettaway can WIN in his routes. If Hawkins is able to deliver the throws on target and in rhythm, it won’t take more than a few receptions for Pettaway to get close to 100 and I think Oklahoma will need it in order to win the game. I also look for the atmosphere to bring out the best in terms of explosive plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.