ADVERTISEMENT

Where Would Caleb Go?

TimTivo

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2020
I know that the mods on both main OU sites are on pretty shaky ground as far as making a call on which way Caleb Williams will end up falling when the dust settles, but the more that I think about the situation, the more I don't see him leaving.

He's interested in being developed and marketed as a first round draft pick.

At OU he's got the starting job locked up at a top 5 historic program with all of the exposure you could hope for, plenty of talent coming back around him and a top 5 OC that has just turned Matt Corral into a likely 1st round QB and the familiarity factor.

Let's look at programs with similar exposure:

Bama: Has Bryce Young next year. Non starter
Ohio State: Has CJ Stroud next year. Non starter
USC: Has a lack of talent/developed talent across the board and is terrible on the line of scrimmage. Also has oddly a strong QB room and is piloted by TBOW that spent over a year lying to Caleb's face.
Oregon: Has no coach
Georgia: This could be an option, but Caleb doesn't seem to fit Kirby's style
Michigan: Runs a boring game control offense and has shown no capability to develop a QB
Florida schools: No, just no.
LSU: This one could be threatening with the right OC hire.

Honestly, unless Caleb just has a sour taste in his mouth about OU as a whole based on how Lincoln left everything/everyone in a lurch I get it, but looking at this scenario from a standpoint of where he will get the best development and exposure I don't see a whole lot out there that will really be able to lure him away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News