ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the defensive line trending and what needs to be done?

LogiesSmokeRoom

Silver Member
May 31, 2023
I believe that the majority of us can agree that where this team sits from an interior defensive line perspective is, at best, inadequate for an SEC-caliber program and most definitely an SEC title contender. Now that Derrick Leblanc has left (albeit I believe that he was at best two years from being a meaningful contender) and a vast majority of our interior linemen are seniors or super seniors (Coe, Hicks, Kelley, Lacey, Laulu, Paea; I have no clue on their eligibility with COVID, but it is coming to an end), where will this team be heading going into the SEC, and what needs to be done between now and then from a recruiting perspective?

Who does Todd Bates need to recruit in this cycle to give us the confidence that we need going into the SEC (D-Stone, Williams N., Joey Big Fish, Mckinnley, or what combo), and if we were to miss out on these players and have a lackluster class similar to last year's (including the departure of Leblanc), where will this team be trending once we arrive in the SEC? Would the program move along and be on pace, would it be stunted for a couple of years, or is it the beginning of the dark ages?

Reactions: DavidHusnian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News