ADVERTISEMENT

What went wrong?

Bear1364

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2005
Whatever way you look at it, OU got out-coached on Saturday. That is tuff to say about a texas team when you are a life long OU fan. Plus I live in texas so it is worse. Strong proved he is a better defensive coach than both Bob and Mike. I am not one of these "fire Bob" fans right now. I am willing to give him one more year as long as he changes defensive coordinator. I know it's his brother but the offenses of the Big 12 and running QB's have passed Mike, he just doesn't know what to do anymore. I hate to see what happens when they play TCU, Baylor and even TTech now. Another thing about Saturday was, again as bad as I hate to say it, texas wanted it more than OU, plain and simple.

I know what has been said about the O-line and the lack of recruiting classes but they should've drained the juco's for as many bodies as possible to bridge that gap. Mr. Snyder has been doing it for years. Have to get back to the state of texas for recruiting, it's in your back yard. And the best talent in Oklahoma, whether it is one, two or three kids, you have to get them. This national recruiting is okay but quit relying on it. If OU doesn't fix this gap in texas on recruiting, Baylor and TCU and TTech will be uncatchable.

And the one thing I have been holding off saying and it hurts to say this, I just don't think OU is OU good anymore. They do have some ponies that are impressive but overall don't think the talent level is where it needs to be.

Just my two cents worth. You don't know how much the loss on Saturday eats at me (as a fan, and having to live in texas doesn't help). I just hope that improvements can be made to still win 9 or 10 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.