ADVERTISEMENT

What Bothers Me More Than The Game…

NellySooner

OU scholarship offer
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Recruiting and Evaluations.

OU is going to be mid unless they start to attract better players. The last 3 years I see guys on here losing their mind when OU gets a new recruit that’s a 4 star. “He should be a 5 star”. “PT/BD is there any chance this guy becomes a 5 star?”

Same with 3 star. “He should be ranked higher”. “Have you seen his tape?” “Waaay under rated”.

Stop it!

“But we aRE A tOP 1o cLaSS”

Don’t care. It’s frustrating to see these other teams (who we used to be a part of) land top recruits while we fight over high 3- low 4 star players. Outside of Fassusi there seem to be a bunch of mid players committed. It’s quantity over quality at OU now because “culture”. It’s either “stars don’t matter” or “development matters”. Either way we’re getting neither on the offensive side of the ball.
We just played 2 of the worst teams in CFB and OU’s offense fell flat.

Auburn flipped a 5 star WR from A&M.
Auburn!
What top receivers do we have in upcoming class?
Mills? The guy who’s probably going to flip to Nebraska? Ok. Or he visited there because, he knows that Oklahoma isn’t going to get anyone as good to replace him.

QB’s
I’m not saying Arnold is bad. But, the “he needs time” argument is silly to me at this point.
He doesn’t have anymore time. The kid was scared last night. He didn’t know what to do. Out of all the chaos I didn’t see one single play where he shined through to make something happen.

Raiola tearing it up as a true freshman at Nebraska
Lagway balled out at Florida
Arch barely played a down yet he looks better

You can be the best player developer on planet earth, the best culture in CFB, but outside of those 2 things what are the coaches doing to attract top talent?

The O-line recruiting is the most evident problem in recruiting deficiencies. It’s atrocious, because apparently none of the guys can block Temple or Houston but, “BB is the best developer in CFB”
Not including transfers OU has signed 12 O-linemen in last 4 years.
2021-(1) 4 star transferred
(1) 3 star

2022-(2) 4 star OL

2023- (3) 4 star OL 1 transferred
(1) 3 star

2024-(2) 4 star OL
(2) 3 star OL

You’re telling me BB hasn’t had time to develop any of these? Our O-line didn’t just underperform, they looked extremely sloppy and lazy. Like they’ve never done this kind of stuff before.

Defense is the only group that has been recruited consistently and developed properly in last 2 years and they’re still missing out on the best players. The ones we have are making mistakes that other teams don’t make.

OU, as of right now would lose to the teams everyone laughs at on social media. Florida, ND, A&M, FSU, Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.