ADVERTISEMENT

what an ugly loss

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
OU softball lost its first home game since 2017 to BYU who is 4-12 in conference play. This team doesnt seem to have the same fire as the teams from the past two years.

Reactions: NellySooner
Fly outs and errors. Not typical. Definitely in a funk but to early to panic as a fan. Thought the Texas series would light a fire but after 2 run rules its like they slipped back into autopilot. The pitching behind Maxwell is a concern. Diel is clearly the #2 with May looking more like her sophomore self. May be time to put Monticelle in the hot seat.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Of all the teams that have won in the last few years, this one should be the best, 10 seniors, I've never been a big fan of JT Gasso as the hitting coach, two freshman pitchers who lead the big 12 in walks shut them down last night. Just winning the big 12 right now is a goal that is in jeopardy. OSU and Texas are both playing better right now

a loss today would be Gasso's first back to back conference series losses. Maybe they should go play at the old stadium.

Yes, something is wonky in Patty's Palace. Bats have not been hot or even lukewarm and outside of OSU pitcher Maxwell the pitching is weak at best. Lots of nice quotes coming from a few players and Patty but the play stays the same. Still lots of time but something is just ,,,,,strange so far.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Four NCAA championships in a row is highly unlikely, IMO. Three has only happened twice over the last 30 years. I feel the biggest factor is that we lost two of our three best pitchers when everyone including Patty was expecting to only lose one. Jordy was a huge loss. I think we could go deep into the NCAA tournament which should satisfy Sooner fans. Boomer!

Last edited:
Three NCAA championships in a row is highly unlikely, IMO. It’s only happened once and that was over 30 years ago. I feel the biggest factor is that we lost two of our three best pitchers when everyone including Patty was expecting to only lose one. Jordy was a huge loss. I think we could go deep into the NCAA tournament which should satisfy Sooner fans. Boomer!
Uh, you do realize OU has won the last 3 ?

Reactions: Oklabama
As bad as they have been playing (for them) it will still be hard for a team to beat them twice. Not saying they will it all, but have just as goof of a chance as anyone else. What I hate more than anything is that Texas will probably be the new #1 team

They just lost their first home conference game in 7 years and have only won 91% of their games this year. It's time to fire Gasso and move forward (just kidding).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT