ADVERTISEMENT

we're NOT the only big name team hurting this year

Bob has become a figurehead...an overpaid executive who is losing market share...and less a coach. As for Meyer, he's built programs and parlayed them into better opportunities. He doesn't stay in one spot all that long so the fire needed to resurrect/sustain program fortunes is high.

Bob, on the other hand, has camped out way too long and has gotten comfortable and stale. He's become a settler/squatter. A new administrative challenge outside the coaching realm would suit his present needs perfectly.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: BillyRay
You forgot to include iowa to the list; they made it to the Rose last year & were expecting great things this year. A weak schedule derailed by d2 NDSU last week and a 14-7 win over Rutgers yesterday has many of them apoplectic; they face Northwestern, Wisky, Mich and Nebraska at home along with 4 other b1g foes on the road. Things are dire in their world; they blame their qb Beathard and overpaid coach Ferentz.

Stoops has been living in recent years on the success of his second year at OU...and the big problem with that is the players he's recruiting now were either infants or embryos when OU won its last championship.

2008 OU had the most prolific offense in football and the "Heisman curse" bite our QB in the NC game... the new recruits may or may not recall that though...

Well, I'll go on the record in saying Stoops will stay until he's had enough, or OU has 3 seasons going 7-6, whichever comes first.
Bitch all you want, Boren, Joe C, they like the guy.

GO!

Hey Fitty

All that is true but if the OU boosters get tired you can bet no matter how much they love Stoops they will do what the boosters tell them.

Hey Fitty

All that is true but if the OU boosters get tired you can bet no matter how much they love Stoops they will do what the boosters tell them.

Speaking of boosters, I wonder how T-bones pulse runs today. tOSU has 2 losses and very well could see 5 more before seasons end. Could Les go back to the Cowboys?

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Well, I'll go on the record in saying Stoops will stay until he's had enough, or OU has 3 seasons going 7-6, whichever comes first.
Bitch all you want, Boren, Joe C, they like the guy.

GO!

One season removed from the second ever cfb playoff isn't going to get Bob Stoops fired... Nor should it... If OU lost every game remaining this season, Stoops would average 10 wins a season...

One season removed from the second ever cfb playoff isn't going to get Bob Stoops fired... Nor should it... If OU lost every game remaining this season, Stoops would average 10 wins a season...

Thanks, oh kind soul that likes and deals with absolute truths.
You get it.
Is there always room for improvement, of course.
Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

(that analogy might be beyond some of the younger posters)

You get it.

There are those who claim I bash Bob all the time... yet never have shown where it is I do...

You get it.

These days, the baby is not even making it to the tub.

Well, then they should sound off.
With the intel I have, we're hearing crickets.

Well unless your a booster or have any inside knowledge we dont know if those crickets are sounding off or not behind closed doors.

All I was saying was that boosters are very powerful people.

Does nothing to ease my disappointment after starting ranked #3 to being out of top 25. The above teams have not come close to be embarrassed nationally like the Sooners. And, I fear it's about to get worse, much worse.
Do not care about other teams.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT