ADVERTISEMENT

Well it's about time... After thorough investigation the FBI steps up

I don't think he believes he is trying to destroy it, but rather he believes he is changing it. Which he is and which he openly has stated as much by running on the platform of 'Hope & Change'. He is a very competent person IMO in the respects that he's suceeding in changing the values of the US. I just don't like his changes & objectives. But he has the traits I'd like to see in one of the conservatives that we have to choose from. Vision, Focus, Discpline, Confidence & Determination. I have a level of respect for anyone that has these traits no matter who they are and whatever their profession. But again, I despise that Obama uses these traits to effect the change we are experiencing.

It is his handling for foreign affairs that troubles me the most.The way he handled the deal with Iran was incompetent. Completely leaving Iraq was terrible judgement. I don't know why he has freed terrorist at Guantanamo. I don't know another way to characterize these decisions. I have zero respect for Obama because he is a weak and politicizes everything.

The Bush administration released the current ISIS leader from a detention facility in Iraq in 2004.
Obama was all about removing dictators from Egypt, Libya, and Syria. Probably because they didn't meet the requirements of a good Muslim dictator in his book. I mean really, what terrorist activity have any of those bad dictators been involved in and when?

On the lighter side of the news...

250 Syrians have settled into the S. California area this year.

However, they haven't assimilated very well as none of them speak Spanish.:cool:

(courtesy, Jodi Miller)

My Christian godmother and her husband, an Orthodox priest are Syrian. They both came here from Damascus over 30 years ago. All three of their children are Americans who can't stand Islamic jihadists any more than you or I, yet we bomb Syria without a declaration of war from congress as if they are responsible for ISIS that we created.
"Assad must go." It's Obama's catchphrase. What about al Saud? They fund the terrorist activity we see and feel, yet we give them money and weapons.
We need to get a grip on who the real enemy is before blaming the people our government displaces out of ignorance and greed.

My Christian godmother and her husband, an Orthodox priest are Syrian. They both came here from Damascus over 30 years ago. All three of their children are Americans who can't stand Islamic jihadists any more than you or I, yet we bomb Syria without a declaration of war from congress as if they are responsible for ISIS that we created.
"Assad must go." It's Obama's catchphrase. What about al Saud? They fund the terrorist activity we see and feel, yet we give them money and weapons.
We need to get a grip on who the real enemy is before blaming the people our government displaces out of ignorance and greed.
I'm no fan of Assad. But I also think Obama is an idiot for entrenching himself into a policy of demanding Assad be replaced with god knows what else type of leader that may prove to be even worse than Assad was. If Obama was so hard up to get rid of Assad, then he missed that chance years ago to fully back the rebels to overthrow the government before ISIS got fully entrenched in Syria and then moved back into Iraq. At this point, ISIS is more of a threat to the US than Assad. In my opinion, best to be satisfied with focusing on defeating the threat posed by ISIS, even if it means backing off the demand that Assad be replaced. If not, then what is Obama, or the next president going to do when the situation evolves to the point where the US and Russia/Iran are staring at each other over Assad's future?? I doubt Russia/Iran will be open to removing him since they have been Allied with Syria for decades back to when Bashar's father was running the country.

Reactions: iasooner1
I'm no fan of Assad. But I also think Obama is an idiot for entrenching himself into a policy of demanding Assad be replaced with god knows what else type of leader that may prove to be even worse than Assad was. If Obama was so hard up to get rid of Assad, then he missed that chance years ago to fully back the rebels to overthrow the government before ISIS got fully entrenched in Syria and then moved back into Iraq. At this point, ISIS is more of a threat to the US than Assad. In my opinion, best to be satisfied with focusing on defeating the threat posed by ISIS, even if it means backing off the demand that Assad be replaced. If not, then what is Obama, or the next president going to do when the situation evolves to the point where the US and Russia/Iran are staring at each other over Assad's future?? I doubt Russia/Iran will be open to removing him since they have been Allied with Syria for decades back to when Bashar's father was running the country.

Yet you haven't told me what Assad has done. Is it the fact that Assad allows Christians and Jews to worship in Syria? Or is it the fact that there is no link to him and jihadist extremists like there is to the house of al-Saud?

Yet you haven't told me what Assad has done. Is it the fact that Assad allows Christians and Jews to worship in Syria? Or is it the fact that there is no link to him and jihadist extremists like there is to the house of al-Saud?
Wow...assume a lot??

My not being a fan of Bashar al-Assad, and also his father is the fact they were always allied to the Soviet sphere during the cold war in opposition to the main U.S. ally in the region, Israel. Syria to this day remains an enemy of Israel, and they have fought 3 wars between one another. And I doubt very seriously if Assad would consider the U.S. a friend or ally either right?? I know this could spill over into another conversation about the legitimacy of U.S./Israeli relations and the U.S. support of the Israeli state, and that's not my intention. But Israel gave the U.S. a pretty potent ally in the middle east during the cold war to push back against Soviet supported states, so I'm fine with the U.S. stance against any state that poses a threat to Israel.

Also, Bashar and his father Hafez, knowingly protected Alois Brunner for decades. Brunner apparently gave an interview where he stated his only regret in life was not killing more Jews during the Holocaust. That alone gives some insight into what kind of people Bashar and Hafez were if they see appropriate to protect a piece of human trash like that.

So ya....sorry, but I'm just not a fan of either of them.

It's still OK to vilify Longhorns. He made no mention that Longhorns are our friends.

What has to be considered is these murderous despots...Kadahfi, Libya, Saddam even, and Assad and all the rest of those idiots all serve, or served a purpose that favored the US.

We allowed them to do their little thing on the pretense that they'd keep their mischief local, and not go international.
Bush effed it up in going into Iraq in hindsight. Nothing more than to avenge the attempted assassination of his father, Bush one.

Now, the whole thing has blown up.
Good luck with our feckless prez doing anything to quell it. He doesn't have a clue.

Our only hope is to get someone in the oval office that will at least try to stop the bleeding.

That's job one. Not a big deal.
Only the survival of our nation hangs in the balance.

Last edited:
Been saying for awhile that it's only going to get worse here on the Homefront, not better. As the number of idiots that DONT leave the country for "training" continue to increase here and groups of them decide that they're willing to die for their misguided beliefs...it's will continue to hit close and closer to home.

I've got grandkids and the idea of having a gun at home, much less packing a weapon has been the farthest thing from thinking as "the right thing to do". No more.

Been saying for awhile that it's only going to get worse here on the Homefront, not better. As the number of idiots that DONT leave the country for "training" continue to increase here and groups of them decide that they're willing to die for their misguided beliefs...it's will continue to hit close and closer to home.

I've got grandkids and the idea of having a gun at home, much less packing a weapon has been the farthest thing from thinking as "the right thing to do". No more.

Yep, this has gone way beyond all those drippy platitudes.
This is some serious shit we're into now.

Arm up!
Unless you actually want to call 911 and wait 30 minutes or more for 'law enforcement' to come and save you.
Eff that crap.

And politics has little to do with it from where I sit. Has a lot to do with a battle. A lot of evil in the world.

Yep, remove all the pretenses.
Your race, religion, good habits, bad habits.
All that shit has nothing to do with the fact that you have a God given right to continue living, and die of old age, rather than perishing at the whim of some burglar, muslim zealot, meth addict, et al.

There are some things that are upside down and ass backwards, but defending yours and your families lives are absolute constants.

Get some training. Learn where the vital organs are located.

Fun stuff! :D

Which is my point ST. Who are the evil regimes? Was Qaddafi creating any problems for us since Reagan bombed his home in 1988? What about Mubarak in Egypt? Did our Arab Spring do anything to help? At what point do we stop sticking our nose in other sovereign states business when they have done nothing to us?

So we take lands from Palestine and call it Israel and send European Jews there while no Arab state agrees to it, then tell them all to get along. We being the League of Nations/United Nations.

So tomorrow if they announce that they are mapping an area that extends 50 miles east and west of downtown OKC, and 25 miles north and south, and name an Arab as the Prime Minister of the new Arabica, where all Arab immigrants are going to be placed, regardless of what the people of Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, or anywhere else think about it, what do you suppose would happen?

Just do as we say dammit, it is the American way after all. World Police unite...

Reactions: gsxrace01
Which is my point ST. Who are the evil regimes? Was Qaddafi creating any problems for us since Reagan bombed his home in 1988? What about Mubarak in Egypt? Did our Arab Spring do anything to help? At what point do we stop sticking our nose in other sovereign states business when they have done nothing to us?

So we take lands from Palestine and call it Israel and send European Jews there while no Arab state agrees to it, then tell them all to get along. We being the League of Nations/United Nations.

So tomorrow if they announce that they are mapping an area that extends 50 miles east and west of downtown OKC, and 25 miles north and south, and name an Arab as the Prime Minister of the new Arabica, where all Arab immigrants are going to be placed, regardless of what the people of Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, or anywhere else think about it, what do you suppose would happen?

Just do as we say dammit, it is the American way after all. World Police unite...

My Faith and walk has proven to me many times, there's only one evil "regime". And that bastard knows every one of our weak spots. Don't miss the forest for the trees. That's my two cents.

My Faith and walk has proven to me many times, there's only one evil "regime". And that bastard knows every one of our weak spots. Don't miss the forest for the trees. That's my two cents.

Ah, well don't forget to bring an Alaskan chainsaw mill with you then...

So in your walk of faith, does it effect you when people of the same or similar faith are killed for it? Do you think one should kill or be killed, or live and let die?

I have good news for you. The President is going to speak tonight and tell us how he is going to keep Muslims safe in this country. Bad news for the infidels.

I smell an executive order coming. Hide your weapons.

Ironically he speaks just after his Atty Gen tells us that she plans to prosecute those who use the Freedom of Speech to incite hate against Islam. On the surface, this President appears to be more concerned about a rebellion against Islam, thus protecting Islam, than protecting US citizens from radicals.

Ironically he speaks just after his Atty Gen tells us that she plans to prosecute those who use the Freedom of Speech to incite hate against Islam. On the surface, this President appears to be more concerned about a rebellion against Islam, thus protecting Islam, than protecting US citizens from radicals.

Freedom isn't free, Obama is going to make sure we pay for it before he "fundamentally changes the United States of America."

Although presidents have been doing that for over a century, just not as drastically as the community organizer.

Reactions: BillyRay
Ignorance is bliss...

I was told a couple of weeks ago that there "...isn't any Arab that is a good Arab. I can't stand anyone born over there and they shouldn't be allowed in America."
When I told them that Jesus was born over there, they asked me to leave and haven't spoken to me since. But they are "good Christians" and all... ok.

Reactions: gsxrace01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT