ADVERTISEMENT

Weakness in Michigan State...

Both Bama and Michigan State wanted to play each other. I don't know if OU's defense can "handle Bama." But I feel pretty confident that we can score more points than they can. Bama hasn't exactly played good quarterbacks this season. Ole Miss beat them in Tuscaloosa with the best on their schedule. MSU and Arkansas' are both pretty solid. But Arkansas's got outplayed by Tech's who isn't one of the top three or four in OUr smaller conference.

Bama is a good team, but I"m pretty sure that the SEC reps lobbied hard to split up Bama and OU to avoid their having to play OUr pace. If anything, Michigan State will play slower than the Crimson Tide.

I think MIchigan State can handle Bama's offense. Not sure how much they they'll be able to make against their defense.

Too Soon to Call, since neither OU or MS have officially 'Made It' to the Playoffs, but if that happens, this guy might be their Achilles Heel...Sic OUr D on #10, and after a couple of Striker and Co. hits on him, and his oversized Ego, we can roll...

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...g_b1g_championship_ceremony/s1_11536_20003104

Unbelievable! Not that this spoiled jock didn't have the common courtesy to show a little class, but that he probably is so arrogant and clueless that he doesn't even know who Archie Griffin is or what he accomplished. Today's "entitled" are wonderful aren't they?

If we win, I'd rather play MSU. And I remember a couple of times in the NBA finals that the Bill Russell Award for being playoff MVP went to guys who didn't know who the heck Bill Russell was. It didn't look as bad, but it was the same thing.

Cook was born in the early 90s, which means that by the time he was out of diapers, that it had been 20 years since Archie undeservedly won Heisman bookends. He was a terrific college player, but Joe Washington should have won it in 1975. That is beside this point.

But if you never heard of the guy, and he played for the team you hate most in your conference, you might not give him much consideration, either. Cook wasn't very good. That kid that scored the winning touchdown should have been the MVP; or somebody on their defense. Cook gutted it out while hurt. But he will be a better player in the Semis, when he heals up.

I don't pull for the SEC in bowl games and I sure don't pull for them in the national playoffs. I hope Conner lights Alabama up. Even if somebody needs to teach him a little respect.

Reactions: iasooner1
But if you never heard of the guy, and he played for the team you hate most in your conference, you might not give him much consideration, either.

Regardless if the man was a Heisman winner from your hated school, a school president, coach of a Pop Warner team or any other person for that matter, when receiving recognition for your achievements, you humbly accept and look the presenter in the eye and shake his/her hand. This kid is too full of himself. His teammates must think so as well since, as a senior, he was not voted a team captain.

Regardless if the man was a Heisman winner from your hated school, a school president, coach of a Pop Warner team or any other person for that matter, when receiving recognition for your achievements, you humbly accept and look the presenter in the eye and shake his/her hand. This kid is too full of himself. His teammates must think so as well since, as a senior, he was not voted a team captain.

Maybe. But neither was Sterling Shepard and he is as respected as anybody in football. Not being a captain is not necessarily evidence of an unliked teammate.

Reactions: iasooner1

This....even if Obama was the presenter. To do otherwise is rude.

Maybe. But neither was Sterling Shepard and he is as respected as anybody in football. Not being a captain is not necessarily evidence of an unliked teammate.
I agree, not being voted captain is not an indicator. I feel fairly confident, though, that Sterling would have looked that man in the eye and shook his hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT