ADVERTISEMENT

WCWS site will alternate

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
I removed the twitter post as I am pretty sure its false news as I cant find anything about it on news outlets

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mg1471
I think the Vol fans are pretty upset with her choice of SP and even the pitchers that followed. Some speculate she mailed it in thinking the other side of the bracket was an easier path. If this is the case she is underestimating OSU and certainly FSU.

I know I am in the manority but I hope OSU sweeps the floor with UT and then somehow manages to beat FSU twice for an all Oklahoma finals. Of course OU still has to get past either Stanford or Washington.

Stanford does have Canady but I dont believe that offense is to much to fear. I do believe if its Canady again OUs batters will adjust this time around

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'm listening to the OSU Cowgirls play Tennessee this Sunday evening, and the play-by-play guy mentioned the rumor of the WCWS possibly moving. He said it's just a rumor. There is a contract to keep it in OKC through 2035.

Last edited:
I'm listening to the OSU Cowgirls play Tennessee this Sunday evening, and the play-by-play guy mentioned the rumor of the WCWS possibly moving. He said it's just a rumor. There is a contract to keep it in OKC through 2035.
If it happens that the WCWS starts to alternate venues because it is felt that OU has a home field advantage and the higher ups and other coaches feel the same way then the same should be dictated that no school should be host to a regional contest. Tit for tat. Besides OU doesn't play at Softball HOF until the WCWS.

If it happens that the WCWS starts to alternate venues because it is felt that OU has a home field advantage and the higher ups and other coaches feel the same way then the same should be dictated that no school should be host to a regional contest. Tit for tat. Besides OU doesn't play at Softball HOF until the WCWS.
Then again, OUr gals have spanked every team across the land except one. "ONE"! 😁

The College World Series has been in Omaha since 1950, nobody complains or mentions alternate Sites. Why does the WCWS need alternate Sites?
Because Oklahoma is kicking ass and everyone thinks they have a “home field” advantage. Nebraska baseball not even close. Just a bunch of BS. I guarantee you if OU hadn’t been such a dominating program during the 2000’s, softball fans wouldn’t care less. They can continue to bitch about it until OKC’s contract expires in 2035. 😂

I believe the WCWS has a contract through 2035 for the game to remain in Okc. Like Tramel said today--anyone who ponies up 100million for a stadium,,,c'mon!!

Reactions: iasooner2000
Lots of bellyaching from fans all over that OU has an unfair advantage, thats just sour grapes and the ones I have seen most vocal about it are you guessed it, Whorn Fans. Love it!

Fans tend to be selective in their outrage over these situations. I'm old enough to remember many OU fans whining about LSU having a "home game" in the 2004 BCS national championship game, because the Superdome was only 100 miles from their campus.

Fans tend to be selective in their outrage over these situations. I'm old enough to remember many OU fans whining about LSU having a "home game" in the 2004 BCS national championship game, because the Superdome was only 100 miles from their campus.
You’re right and Sooner fans will complain if we ever get to play for the SEC championship in Atlanta against Georgia. The conference championship game location can never satisfy everyone. I never am concerned about where the game is played. It shouldn’t make a difference if you have the best team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT