ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Ohio St Michigan game

BawlzDeep

OU scholarship offer
Dec 16, 2013
I notice the Michigan DLinemen fire off the ball low and get into the offensive lineman and get good push and penetration.

Why does OU DLinemen appear to stand right up at the snap of the ball? Is it coaching?

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Michigan and OSU DL were all 4-5 star players mostly and notice it was just 17-17 in regulation. No hurry-up passing for 300-400 yards. Play the spread and get burned.

I notice the Michigan DLinemen fire off the ball low and get into the offensive lineman and get good push and penetration.

Why does OU DLinemen appear to stand right up at the snap of the ball? Is it coaching?

I think it has more to do with the type of offenses we play against. That works well against the run, freeing up linebackers to make a play, but no so much against a pass happy offense where you want your linemen to be able to get there hands up in the passing lanes. You see our guys do the same thing on short yardage and goal line situations.

You can certainly say this about the Ohio State linemen, but this is hardly the case with Michigan...

DE Chris Wormley 3*
DE Rashan Gary 5*
DE Taco Charlton 4*
NT Matthew Godin 3*
NTMaurice Hurst 3*
DT Bryan Mone 3*
DT Ryan Glasgow 2* OL when recruited
Oh, those damn facts...

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT