ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: 2016 CA LB Bryce Youngquist (OU Commit)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
I've talked about it to a point you all are sick of hearing it but Youngquist is absolutely tailor-made for the Big 12.

He is a linebacker who can chase plays and looks most natural, to me, when working outside the tackles and I think has some really natural tools for working in the middle of a zone scheme.

The thing that doesn't get talked about it, and you see a good example of it at the :25 second mark, he has a really good feel for the position and trusts his athleticism enough to not get overly aggressive and put himself in bad positions. In the play I'm mentioning he reads run, doesn't shy away from the oncoming offensive lineman, and immediately attacks the runner once he has a straight line. It's just a really good athlete knowing he can be patient instead of trying to make a flashy play and instead running himself out of the play.

His feet and explosiveness in and out of his change of direction is just not something you rarely see at linebacker (you can really see it in some of Eddie's SCOOPHD stuff).

All in all I like the pick-up a ton and think he is as perfect for the Big 12 as a linebacker can be.

Rivals.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News