ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer's offense work in Big XII?

dtrain87

Walk-on candidate
Oct 5, 2016
Nobody in this league uses their QB like a bettering ram. The closest to that was KSU with Klein and they were good, just didn't have 4-5 star kids OSU gets. They won the Big 12 with that power running game. All you do is pair up a Perine, Mixon, Freeman or Linwood or even the TCU back with a Tebow/Barrett type QB, a 225 lb battering ram that is smart and runs and passes to legit passing threats.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Nobody in this league uses their QB like a bettering ram. The closest to that was KSU with Klein and they were good, just didn't have 4-5 star kids OSU gets. They won the Big 12 with that power running game. All you do is pair up a Perine, Mixon, Freeman or Linwood or even the TCU back with a Tebow/Barrett type QB, a 225 lb battering ram that is smart and runs and passes to legit passing threats.

He did it at Utah... It works. Period.

Watching them vs Wisconsin they reminded me of those Michael Bishop and El Roberson teams.
Reminded me of his Tebow teams at Florida, where they always depended on an H-back as they call them, more wing-back/slot guy than a Zeke Elliot/Carlos Hyde.

Reminded me of his Tebow teams at Florida, where they always depended on an H-back as they call them, more wing-back/slot guy than a Zeke Elliot/Carlos Hyde.

For whatever reason Urban didn't recruit power backs until he got to Ohio State because we already had some on the roster and he saw what he could do with them. Carlos Hyde was a 3 star fullback out of high school who came in with a 5 star running back who never made it to the team because of drug problems.

For whatever reason Urban didn't recruit power backs until he got to Ohio State because we already had some on the roster and he saw what he could do with them. Carlos Hyde was a 3 star fullback out of high school who came in with a 5 star running back who never made it to the team because of drug problems.

I look at it like this, nobody in the lil 12 - 2 would want to play Ohio State this season but nobody in the lil 12-2 fears Oklahoma right now. I bet Ohio State wishes they had more teams on their schedule this season like OU and other lil 12 - 2 teams. They made us look like a high school team and Mikes response after that game was very lame. What was he really saying? That he does not have the big uglies to stop the type of offense Ohio State runs or that he does not know how to defend against it? Has to be one or the other or maybe both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT