ADVERTISEMENT

Updates...

dmackey13

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
Josh hit on 95% of the juices and berries of yesterday.
A few things I'd give my opinion on:

1. Gibson - not to get to carried away, but he made really good plays vs the ones and ALL contested. He's long and can jump. Didn't see hit run away from anyone, but he fa sure wasn't lumbering. He'll get 1 reps.

2. There was some dude. Number 41 who played middle backer and he led the way in tackles. I dont know who he is but one of the guys had a make shift roster and J Norm knows all the boys but 41s name escapes me. Kids a thumper.

3. I don't know who started at safety. I was grabbing a water during the 1st snap. 5, 25 and 37 all took snaps with the 1s. We were in the S endzone, so I decided to focus on the side facing us. I got the 1s defense 2 or 3 times...here's what I'll say. There's enough quality depth that 25 starting means he's really had a great summer. Also, I saw 5 make a great tackle in the hole as the Nickel, (Kanak chased one down in the hole with the 2s) and Harrington played high safety and cheetah with the ones as well. Plus 3 and 6 also looked really strong with the 2s. Not to get carried away but the dbs looked solid. 4 or 5 safeties and the top 2 or 3 corners.

If you asked my opinion I'd start 9, 0, Louisville kid at cb and key with Harrington in the hole and 5 up top as well, but there's another 2 or 3 guys who played well. The transfers looked good as well. Mukes and Broiles plus the transfers for those wondering.

In other words:
Cb1 Woodi
Cb2 louisville or graham
nickel harrington (looks like an avatar)
safety 1 key
safety 2 Bowman
quality depth mukes, broiles and NC kid
thats what I WOULD DO based upon how fhe 1s reps were divied up.

Lastly, Co V spoke to the alumni afterwards.
Open door anytime we wanna come to practice.
Says he's okay with what I've been doing.
Working on making OU Being known for #1 facilities in America, gonna build a campus for practice and training where the Bud was in a few years.

Listen they have everything TIGHT, but access is available and a clear system for outreach and access is easy to use. J Norm and C Lo took us thru the entire outfit and Co V had updated and changed many things since Linc left. Co V discussed some of the very clear differences in the way they recruit and market to players in ways others dont...SICK. And I met a few players, gave them a pep talk on the "inner locked OU" and exchanged numbers with a few guys. Really dope experience. Feels like I thgt it shld feel since Bob left and I'd say even better in some respects. Although Bob always took care of me🙏🏽.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News