ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED! Trophies...Awards...Honors...

I understand the Burlsworth Trophy is for the best player who began his career as a walk-on, but now that Baker is a scholarship player, he should not get it a second time. But, congrats to Baker anyway.

Just my two cents.

I understand the Burlsworth Trophy is for the best player who began his career as a walk-on, but now that Baker is a scholarship player, he should not get it a second time. But, congrats to Baker anyway.

Just my two cents.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.

Reactions: iasooner1

Just my two cents.
By definition, Baker wins it three years in a row. The criteria is 1. Best Player and 2. Who BEGAN THEIR CAREER as a walk-on. Getting a scholarship doesn't change the fact that Baker began his career as a walk-on.
I would probably agree that the award should probably be Best Walk-on or Best player who began the year as a walk-on.
But it is who began their career as a walk-on.

By definition, Baker wins it three years in a row. The criteria is 1. Best Player and 2. Who BEGAN THEIR CAREER as a walk-on. Getting a scholarship doesn't change the fact that Baker began his career as a walk-on.
I would probably agree that the award should probably be Best Walk-on or Best player who began the year as a walk-on.
But it is who began their career as a walk-on.

Exactly.

Reactions: iasooner1
Any Big XII Honor's List which has Samaje Perine as SECOND-Team lacks Credibility, for me...But here it is...

http://newsok.com/big-12-football-j...more-in-state-players-honored/article/5529910
He crushed it big in all three big OU wins over Texas, OSU and WVU, but he did miss those games with injury, which dropped him. I like Perine, he's a tougher runner than Joe, but both have strengths and weaknesses. 3rd and 2 I would always choose Perine over Mixon, IMO.

Carp! Baker didn't get this one...

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Deshaun Watson joins BYU’s Ty Detmer, Florida’s Danny Wuerffel and Oklahoma’s Jason White as the only 2-time winners of Davey O'Brien award.

Lamar Jackson was the best college player, but sports politics favors the best player on one of the top teams. Gone are the days that a 6-4 team can turn out a Heisman such as OU did in 1969.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT