ADVERTISEMENT

University of Alabama apologizes for racist slurs by fans.

It seems so shallow but I know you have to do this as a University. The bigger issue is why it keeps happening? When will it ever stop? Regardless of political angle or religion or sexuality this issue will NEVER go away unfortunately…….

I'm sure not agreeing with what was said in any form. BUT Where was the racisms? White people live in the hood too! Then a person says these have to be Trump voters??? Half the people need to shut up, and not talk that crap, and the other half need to get a backbone. Life isn't always fair, and apologize by the University won't change any of this. Teaching Morals will!
"White people live in the hood too!" This is your justification for blatant racism? You cannot seriously be that unaware or ignorant. You need to go join this Bama fan base. This ideology isn't welcome at the University of Oklahoma.

I'm sure not agreeing with what was said in any form. BUT Where was the racisms? White people live in the hood too! Then a person says these have to be Trump voters??? Half the people need to shut up, and not talk that crap, and the other half need to get a backbone. Life isn't always fair, and apologize by the University won't change any of this. Teaching Morals will!
You bout slow as molasses

Reactions: primus
We can call out racist people without calling out an entire race. It's obvious that there are racist white people, and those people are idiots. But the overwhelming majority of white people I know or meet, are not racist.

It would be no different than saying black people are thugs because we see or hear of incidents of black people acting like thugs.

It is wrong and inaccurate to negatively label an entire race, based on the actions of a minority of that race.

Not slow just not Racist, and I don't make everything about it.
Just because there are poor white people doesn't mean telling black people to go back to the projects isnt racist. I don't make everything about race but I don't make it my personality trait to act as if everything isn't about race. People that consistently say "not everything is about race" usually say that cause they're tired of hearing about racism and get annoyed... not because whatever the case is not in fact about race.

It's very clear on the intent of telling black athletes to "go back to the projects" isn't just an attack on potential wealth class. Also why is there the assumption that those specific kids are poor and from the projects? Do you think those hecklers were telling Quinn and Cole Hutson to go back to the projects? And the final cherry on this is they're not only telling them to go back to the projects but also calling them a homophobic slur... lol I don't get how you add all that together and come out to some defense saying its not racism. Clearly the hecklers are hateful people, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Primus. don’t poison the main board. Stay in your lane
[/QUOTE
By the way, someone said something about Trump voters. I know I did not say that the culprits are Trump cult members. Since you mentioned it, you must be one of those who look the other way when a house is on fire as long as it's not yours. Lawlessness and threats have become your default mode when your leaders are committing crime on a daily basis.

Reactions: stevenspaul1357
I’m sure those drunk white fans from the south look at the hood in a very inclusive way and were not using it as a racial insult

From the mouth of Chris Del Conte:

"My expectations with Steve, (Sark) like across the board every one of our sports, we know we have to embrace the hate this year. Everyone in the Big 12 is mad at us. They think we broke up the Big 12. That we broke up the PAC 12 because we left. We left for what’s right for the University of Texas. And this is that's my job. That's our job as leadership is to protect the brand for ourselves in the best position to be successful.

“So, we know. We have the T-shirts we gave our staff and kids, Embrace The Hate. That's our mantra this year. At the same time, it’s the farewell tour. And our goal, we won 12 Big 12 championships last year. The year before we 13. Our goal is to win all 20. hat is our goal, which was to compete for championships. I will tell you that's my goal for Steve and that's our expectation.”

I guess this only applies to the Big XII teams, huh? Kinda like that horns up/down thing or maybe just hypocrisy.

Everything is "racist" these days. You can thank Barack Obama. I can remember when people would shout "RACISIM" when they had no logical argument. Nowadays, you get canceled when one person deems something "racist". I heard no racial slur in that video. Keep this divisive crap off this board.

Next...
You're not on the short end of the stick and wouldn't understand racist comments. Enjoy your privileged life.

That’s racist! Just kidding……..
You can trivialize racism all you want, but there is, unquestionably, a segment of our fellow citizens who are mentally and emotionally gored when there is a constant propagation of the notion that they are inferior or do not deserve the rights and privileges of the rest of the population. One of the reasons why some people in our society deny there is hurtful and emotionally debilitating racism is because they're not the victims and do not know what it feels like to be treated like a non-entity in their own country. I guess it's their belief that since descendants of slaves are paid for their labor, unlike before, they should be content and happy.

The mouth-breathers who yelled this shit do not represent a school, state or football program. They represent no one and nothing but themselves.
Well, those are the people that are being called out. Anyone that would postulate that the entire population of white people are racist, belongs in the same class as
an amoeba. Majority of the white population in our country are not racists.

Reactions: Wee Willie T
Everything is "racist" these days. You can thank Barack Obama. I can remember when people would shout "RACISIM" when they had no logical argument. Nowadays, you get canceled when one person deems something "racist". I heard no racial slur in that video. Keep this divisive crap off this board.

Next...
Obama, really? So, you probably are ignorant of people like George Wallace. Those were the good ole days, right... when you could openly do and say whatever you want to anyone you want with your kind cheering you on.. when America was great, right?

Just the fact you point to Obama is pretty telling about how you feel about race and your beliefs. And using the word "cancelled", when you obviously don't even know what that is, or are so blissfully ignorant of the racism in the chants tells me what group you belong to.

Obama, really? So, you probably are ignorant of people like George Wallace. Those were the good ole days, right... when you could openly do and say whatever you want to anyone you want with your kind cheering you on.. when America was great, right?

Just the fact you point to Obama is pretty telling about how you feel about race and your beliefs. And using the word "cancelled", when you obviously don't even know what that is, or are so blissfully ignorant of the racism in the chants tells me what group you belong to.
Full disclosure, in my opionion the video was definitely homophobic and the insults could be intended to be racist. Maybe not, but obviously intended to be insulting.

He mentioned Obama because he was the divider in chief…Before Obama when someone said or did something racist, it was actually racist, not just deemed racist by one or more people. Post Obama, literally everything is deemed racist by one or more people, even something that wasn’t intended to be and was actually very innocent. So, somebody says something that is deemed racist - outrage ensues, then that outrage is parroted by the media, the outrage goes viral, then the offender is cancelled. Back in the day someone may have used the hard R slur and everybody would go “man that guy, he sure is a racist”, nowadays someone may say something totally not intending for it to be racist or a slur at all, and get their life ruined after being cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTOkie
Full disclosure, in my opionion the video was definitely homophobic and the insults could be intended to be racist. Maybe not, but obviously intended to be insulting.

He mentioned Obama because he was the divider in chief…Before Obama when someone said or did something racist, it was actually racist, not just deemed racist by one or more people. Post Obama, literally everything is deemed racist by one or more people, even something that wasn’t intended to be and was actually very innocent. So, somebody says something that is deemed racist - outrage ensues, then that outrage is parroted by the media, the outrage goes viral, then the offender is cancelled. Back in the day someone may have used the hard R slur and everybody would go “man that guy, he sure is a racist”, nowadays someone may say something totally not intending for it to be racist or a slur at all, and get their life ruined after being cancelled.
What a justification for racism you’ve presented. Whatever makes you sleep at night. I’m sure you are waiting for America to be great again.

• Haha
Reactions: Mcclane68
P
What a justification for racism you’ve presented. Whatever makes you sleep at night. I’m sure you are waiting for America to be great again.
Yes, you nailed it. It's Obama's fault that Saba1418 became a racist. Can you believe that? What a twisted logic! This is the truth that people like Daba1418 has tried to couch in infamy. They couldn't believe America let a Black man (Even though he's had a black father and a white mother, it still didn't matter) become the president. To them, it was an aberration and a mistake that should never have occurred. Under Obama's presidential dispensation, there were no drama or spectacle, but stability and predictability. They couldn't find anything to speak ill about him, so they coined the word, "divider" which in actuality they can't even defend.

P
Yes, you nailed it. It's Obama's fault that Saba1418 became a racist. Can you believe that? What a twisted logic! This is the truth that people like Daba1418 has tried to couch in infamy. They couldn't believe America let a Black man (Even though he's had a black father and a white mother, it still didn't matter) become the president. To them, it was an aberration and a mistake that should never have occurred. Under Obama's presidential dispensation, there were no drama or spectacle, but stability and predictability. They couldn't find anything to speak ill about him, so they coined the word, "divider" which in actuality they can't even defend.
LMFAO that’s impressively delusional.

I didn’t justify racism at all. How on earth could you take that from my post, when all I did was clarify the obvious distinction between pre/post Obama?

P
I am not a racist, and you have no reason to say that. I actually voted for Obama - twice - and in the end I feel like he did a lot of things to divide when he could have brought people together. He is the one who coined the term “uniter in chief”, so that is on you for not remembering that. The media, his colleagues and the democratic voter would never critique him for his flaws, and as soon as someone does you guys go in to overdrive calling people racist’s. It’s actually quite funny. In the end, his legacy will be that he actually had such a terrible presidency he ushered Trump into the white house in a historic landslide vote, which was a referendum on the terrible job he did as president. In the history books he will be remembered as the first black President yes, but America will have more black presidents but as time goes on Barry will more than likely will just be remembered as the crack smoking bi-sexual one that got Trump elected.

LMFAO that’s impressively delusional.
I truly think you're the one who's delusional. If you, for one second, let go of your stupid white supremacy construct or fantasy that you think makes you special, you can make better use of your grey matter. Stupid is as stupid does. You should be embarrased to show your face anywhere.

• Haha
I am not a racist, and you have no reason to say that. I actually voted for Obama - twice - and in the end I feel like he did a lot of things to divide when he could have brought people together. He is the one who coined the term “uniter in chief”, so that is on you for not remembering that. The media, his colleagues and the democratic voter would never critique him for his flaws, and as soon as someone does you guys go in to overdrive calling people racist’s. It’s actually quite funny. In the end, his legacy will be that he actually had such a terrible presidency he ushered Trump into the white house in a historic landslide vote, which was a referendum on the terrible job he did as president. In the history books he will be remembered as the first black President yes, but America will have more black presidents but as time goes on Barry will more than likely will just be remembered as the crack smoking bi-sexual one that got Trump elected.
Your logic doesn't make any sense. You have failed to explain how Obama was a divider, because you can't substantially articulate it. The only thing that divided America during Obama's presidency and ushered in the worst president in American history, was that the racists in American couldn't believe that there was and is a segment of America that wants to move forward from the old plantation mentality. To the racist cabal, the ascent of an African-American ethnicity to the helm of American presidency was an abomination and unacceptable; and they unleashed the most destructive propaganda machinery to destroy our democracy. This unruly and rag-tag faction called Maga understood that they couldn't sell their toxic agenda to America, so they target our political and justice institutions to make them ineffective. We will fight to the end to sustain our constitution and democracy, no matter what it takes.

I truly think you're the one who's delusional. If you, for one second, let go of your stupid white supremacy construct or fantasy that you think makes you special, you can make better use of your grey matter. Stupid is as stupid does. You should be embarrased to show your face anywhere.
lmfao, @Mcclane68 isnt a white supremacist. If you want to see something truly embarrassingly stupid go look in the mirror, my goodness man.

• Love
Your logic doesn't make any sense. You have failed to explain how Obama was a divider, because you can't substantially articulate it. The only thing that divided America during Obama's presidency and ushered in the worst president in American history, was that the racists in American couldn't believe that there was and is a segment of America that wants to move forward from the old plantation mentality. To the racist cabal, the ascent of an African-American ethnicity to the helm of American presidency was an abomination and unacceptable; and they unleashed the most destructive propaganda machinery to destroy our democracy. This unruly and rag-tag faction called Maga understood that they couldn't sell their toxic agenda to America, so they target our political and justice institutions to make them ineffective. We will fight to the end to sustain our constitution and democracy, no matter what it takes.
Obama was clearly a divider in that he set back race relations by like 50 years. It was overwhelmingly obvious to everyone that had eyes and ears, but polls conducted in 2017 when he was on his way out prove that 73% of America believed this as well. Obama knew that he didn’t have the majorities needed in congress to make the changes he promised so he would just end around with his “pen and phone” method of governance in his presidency. This is because in the 2010 congressional elections, Americans voted republican overwhelmingly. No, this wasn’t because “America was racist and fighting back against Obama’s 2008 election win” as you would have us believe. In 2016 Trump was elected because Americans of all races and demographics flooded the polls to vote for a drastic change in the direction America was headed. The very people that had voted to elect Obama then switched to Trump, proving it was about policy and approval and nothing to do with race.

Sad part is so many like you actually believe this delusional drivel. You all feel empowered by a bunch of Alabama hicks shouting racist insults. Way to go.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT