ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*First off, I think the assumption that today's hiring of Emmett Jones means L'Damian Washington is out is premature.

I know that will seem crazy to some but Washington has really enjoyed his time in Norman and with Oklahoma getting more and more competitive with their pay to support staff guys, I'm not sure Washington will feel he 'has' to go on.

My gut tells me he'll stay but I know there has been sincere interest from Tulsa, Western Kentucky and some others. I don't think a final decision has been made either way but I can say I'm told that Brent Venables is not making it easy on Washington to leave, they want to see him remain.

**Secondly I continue to hear that receiver recruiting, in the portal, is going better than some may believe and the Sooners could have some resolution before terribly long. I think the one you've got to watch is Michigan transfer Andrel Anthony. I get the feeling the Sooners are in good standing there. I also think that Trace Ford may not be the only guy making a move from Oklahoma State...

***Finally all the buzz yesterday with Stanford offensive tackle Walter Rouse heading to Oklahoma but I keep hearing today that Nebraska is making a very serious NIL push so we'll see what comes out of it but it sure feels like the Huskers are making a move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News