ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Guys, a few quick upkeep notes before we get back into more ChampU stuff.

A) Blake Purchase did not make it in this weekend for his scheduled official visit. I'm trying to identify if he will be rescheduled or not - I assume he will but just want to make sure I'm clear about it before going further.

B) Spoke for a while with Norman (Okla.) North running back Chapman McKown who is taking his official visit this weekend. He and Brent Venables have been in contact since December and the Sooners seem to have expressed some real interest. We'll see what happens because as of yet there has been no clear indication of an offer.

McKown is a guy that actually grew up an Oklahoma State fan - due to his affinity, and physical similarity to, Barry Sanders - so an offer may not be the home run that some might assume.

But regardless, he's clearly very excited about the weekend visit.

"Coach (Brent) Venables called me in December and said that he had a lot of colleges call him that want to offer me but are afraid that a ton of schools will follow if they do. From then on he said he would be recruiting me because he thinks I am OU material," McKown said.

C) Finally, our guy @RivalsFriedman has put in a forecast for five-star quarterback offer Jadyn Davis to Michigan. It's not a huge surprise that the Sooners are going to lose out on that race but it does show that they'll either need to focus some attention on another name - perhaps elite camper Walker White? - or continue to progress with fellow probable 2024 five-star quarterback D.J. Lagway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News