ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Notes...(UPDATE: 1:24p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 1:24p - OK guys, on Saturday I reported before kickoff that Andrew Raym wasn't going to be part of the game but it was already known at that time that he was going to have surgery for a shoulder injury that had been bothering him since the preseason.

Now that surgery has come and passed and I can say the reason for the decision to go ahead and do it was the belief that doing so would have him ready in January to get started with offseason workouts and be able to work on the thing he knows he's most in need of - time with Jerry Schmidt to get bigger and stronger.

This was undoubtedly a tough decision for Raym and the Oklahoma staff but it could help them considerably in 2023.

ORIGINAL: OK guys, some things to get going...

There's some growing buzz that Oklahoma isn't done for the week, we'll see where that goes but a guy I've talked to several people about and was tempted to put a forecast in for when he and I spoke about his Oklahoma offer is Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M (AKA, 'NEO') defensive back Kendel Dolby. And today I went ahead and did so.

Speaking to Dolby late Sunday, he had this to say about his first trip to Norman.

"It was a great experience. I loved the environment," Dolby said. "The fans are unmatched."

And what are his thoughts on the Sooners coaching staff and where he might fit into Oklahoma's plans?

"I was able to meet all the coaches, eat lunch with them. Was also able to walk out the tunnel with Coach (Brent) Venables. I can tell they genuinely want me in their program," he explained.

"They talked to me about the opportunity to come in and play right away if I work for it. They want to play me all over the field weather it’s safety, nickel, or corner."

Again, I think Oklahoma is in great shape here and he will be setting up an official visit in December perhaps as early as this week.

**I had a chance to speak a lot with one of the new offers from the weekend - 2025 Rivals100 linebacker Weston Port.

The San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) San Juan Hills defender absolutely loved his trip to Norman.

"It was incredible, the fans, the rivalry, the coaches…(all were) really really cool," Port said.

"I will definitely be back."

While many guys get an offer when they hit the head guy's office, for Port his story was a little more unique.

"On the field during team warmups. It was really cool. (Venables) talked about the vision of the program, what was being built and the part I could play in that. (It) meant a lot," he said.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News