ADVERTISEMENT

Truth serum on OU coaching preference

oudoc

Sooner commitment
Oct 7, 2015
LR has done a really nice job of taking over a stale and stagnant program that also held hostage under Bob’s nepotism. With that said, for all the good qualities he has, do you all feel he is a guy that can get us to the top and stop the embarrassing blowouts we seem to get far too often? I get that we are held hostage in this pathetic conference and that the best defensive players will NOT come here often to play because of that. However, he seems too finesse and not enough physical toughness. Do you remember when OU used to literally impose their will, very much like the top teams are doing now? We are missing that and some of that is still the effects of FUMS and FUBS, but he feels like he fits in better with a program like Tech perhaps.

So, I’d be interested to see your thoughts on who you’d most like to see on our sidelines coaching this team? I’m going to name 4 people and let you decide.

1. Lincoln Riley
2. Matt Rhule
3. Brent Venables
4. Urban Meyer

Now, I personally would be good with all of them but I think LR slips down to number 4 for me. Basically because I don’t think he will instill that toughness that is missing and keep up the finesse too often. He also refuses to hire the best staff and ace recruiters to keep up with the big dogs. Rhule would do wonders here and is a classy guy. Urbs is a bit eccentric but his results speak for themselves. Venables would kill it and recruit and bring in a new attitude. He would have to hire a s ace staff though and don’t know how good his connections are. So for me if I had to choose, I’d say 4,2,3,1. What do you all think. Would love to hear your thoughts and why you think that? Let’s have some fun with this and keep it going.

Reactions: Tmorgan88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News