ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets for the RRS

Bigleak

Walk-on candidate
Jan 8, 2013
My son lives Phoenix and is going to be in Dallas this weekend. He asked me to post these questions on this board... Where would an OU fan get a pair of tickets near the stadium? Are there places where the "scalpers" are? Since this is his first RRS, he'd like to get something in the lower bowl on the OU side...

Any suggestions would be welcomed...thanks

Scalpers will be outside of The Fair grounds. Tell him to just walk around before entering the Fair. OU-Tx Tix grant entrance to the Fair on that day anyhow, so no need to purchase Fair tix if he's getting OU-Tx tix.

OU lower bowl sections are:
25-36
1-5

6 & 24 are mid-field, so it might be difficult to tell which side the seats are on.

Tell him to memorize those section numbers. Scalpers will tell you whatever you want to hear, and the tickets don't specify.

Right now on StubHub, lower level sideline tix are going for about $300/per. That's down in the last day or two from $400-450.

Lower level corners are down to $200/per.

Have him keep those prices in mind when deciding. If they are available on the day of, I wouldn't expect to pay more than maybe $200/per for lower level sidelines.

When is he getting to Dallas? It should be pretty easy for him to snag a pair Friday eve from one of the gathering spots. I always see folks with extras at our hotels.

Unless it changed this year, you don't need an ID to use a student ticket. Students get a certain allotment, but they don't get a price break, and those tix can be used by anybody.

Right now on StubHub, lower level sideline tix are going for about $300/per. That's down in the last day or two from $400-450.

Lower level corners are down to $200/per.

Have him keep those prices in mind when deciding. If they are available on the day of, I wouldn't expect to pay more than maybe $200/per for lower level sidelines.

I feel sorry for the poor bastards that paid more than $30 to see that train wreck, let alone $200+.

No kidding ! Baker to Westbrook & the running of Perine won this game, with a little help from a group of 2nd & 3rd stringers. We had to overcome way too many mistakes to win today but somehow did. Get well soon to the injured, Gorilla glue for Joe ! On to next week

Reactions: JConXtsy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT