ADVERTISEMENT

Thought I'd share this with you all, great story about a great outcome

Medic007

Sooner starter
Some of you know that I work for the ambulance service in Norman. One of my responsibilities is oversight of our special event coverage. I spend a bunch of hours throughout the year working with OU Athletics to ensure all of their athletic events are appropriately staffed with the resources required to respond to emergencies in and around the events. We work collaboratively on their emergency operations plans and have an excellent relationship with all levels of the University.

If you're not aware, we have an amazing system in place for the football games. We literally run an ER on the north side of the stadium and have paramedics on bikes and static locations in the stadium. We drill relentlessly to ensure we have a perfect response to any life threatening emergency in the stadium. I wanted to share this story with you all because I'm just damn proud of my team. And in case you're wondering, yes, I was there, but I'm an expert at hiding from news cameras...

https://www.news9.com/story/4140272...-after-surviving-medical-emergency-at-ou-game

Some of you know that I work for the ambulance service in Norman. One of my responsibilities is oversight of our special event coverage. I spend a bunch of hours throughout the year working with OU Athletics to ensure all of their athletic events are appropriately staffed with the resources required to respond to emergencies in and around the events. We work collaboratively on their emergency operations plans and have an excellent relationship with all levels of the University.

If you're not aware, we have an amazing system in place for the football games. We literally run an ER on the north side of the stadium and have paramedics on bikes and static locations in the stadium. We drill relentlessly to ensure we have a perfect response to any life threatening emergency in the stadium. I wanted to share this story with you all because I'm just damn proud of my team. And in case you're wondering, yes, I was there, but I'm an expert at hiding from news cameras...

https://www.news9.com/story/4140272...-after-surviving-medical-emergency-at-ou-game
Medic...Thank You for 'Being There' and for sharing this very touching story! It Highlights that not all of the action is on the field, and is Not Always Fun and Games!

Medic...Thank You for 'Being There' and for sharing this very touching story! It Highlights that not all of the action is on the field, and is Not Always Fun and Games!
Thanks! I get paid to go to OU games, so you'll never hear me complain. Except for the hot games. I complain a lot during those. Like A LOT.

Thanks for what you do.
Thanks Plaino. OU spends a lot of money to provide public safety at their events. We cover all of the sporting events, graduation, convocations, etc. There are plenty of colleges that don't. As an alumni, it makes me proud that OU goes the extra mile for their patrons.

Thanks Plaino. OU spends a lot of money to provide public safety at their events. We cover all of the sporting events, graduation, convocations, etc. There are plenty of colleges that don't. As an alumni, it makes me proud that OU goes the extra mile for their patrons.

Medic you are the best. I say so from personal experience.

Thanks again my friend.

BSI, scene safe, watching OU win and providing life saving services every day. Maybe put that up on a wall lol but seriously, it’s always great to get recognized when you run so many calls and it’s stories like these that make all the tough calls fall by the wayside. Keep up the good work @Medic007 and stay safe out there.

Medic you are the best. I say so from personal experience.

Thanks again my friend.
Awww, dang bull. I know you'd give me the shirt off your back so it's only natural to be reciprocal to a guy like you. I will always remember what you did for frank's wife.

He calls Sooner Magic and I think I agree.
Thanks for what you and your staff do.
Thank you!

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing that with us Medic and thanks for all you do at all of the games.
Thank you!

And thanks for your friendship. As always: BOOMER !
And thanks for yours. Need to catch up soon G Man.

BSI, scene safe, watching OU win and providing life saving services every day. Maybe put that up on a wall lol but seriously, it’s always great to get recognized when you run so many calls and it’s stories like these that make all the tough calls fall by the wayside. Keep up the good work @Medic007 and stay safe out there.
BSI! Scene safe! Were/Are you in the biz?

Very true words you posted and thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT