ADVERTISEMENT

This Offense….

Indy_Sooner22

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
Might be as bad, or worse, than any Mike Stoops/Ruffin McNeill/Alex Grinch defense during Lincoln’s tenure. It’s beyond incompetent, it’s abhorrent. It’s bordering embarrassing.

I love BV. This defense is playing lights out against one of the best offenses in the country. Two turnovers on the opposite side of the field. Outside of 3-4 plays they have been lights out. Tremendous tackling, awesome stunts, stifling the run game. All for nothing….

This will be a 6-6 team. If BV doesn’t make an offensive change he might seal his own fate heading into 2025.

Hiring staff and coordinators might be the single biggest factor that determines a HC’s success in college football. BV struck out with Ted Roof (the “safe and easy” hire). He (despite what some OU fans think) nailed the hire with Jeff Lebby. Early returns suggest Alley is a great hire. Seth Littrell….?

If this team goes 6-6 or 7-5 heading into next year, Brent’s going to have to make some really difficult decisions. The Dabo mindset of loyalty and hiring “within the system” is a dangerous game.

I will conclude by saying this offensive line is the most single incompetent position group at OU in the last 5, maybe 10 years? I know they are banged up, but, at what point does something have to give?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.