ADVERTISEMENT

This is just badass.

veritas59

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2003
Whether you like them or not. BTW, I always root for crimson in any crimson/orange matchup.

We have a great fan base, but those Bama people are whacko about football. While was in Alabama last week I made it a point to ask everyone, waiters, golf course marshalls, hotel attendants, even retail employees, "do you follow college football?" First thing out of their mouth. "Roll Tide". A single, universal response from everyone I asked. And I asked at least 20 people. Not a hint of Auburn much less "I'm not a fan". It is a different place to be especially during the season. And not a single person even commented on my OU cap or if I was wearing a OU logo shirt. I thought that was odd. Come on, I expected to at least be asked something. LOL Very friendly, yet not interested.

We have a great fan base, but those Bama people are whacko about football. While was in Alabama last week I made it a point to ask everyone, waiters, golf course marshalls, hotel attendants, even retail employees, "do you follow college football?" First thing out of their mouth. "Roll Tide". A single, universal response from everyone I asked. And I asked at least 20 people. Not a hint of Auburn much less "I'm not a fan". It is a different place to be especially during the season. And not a single person even commented on my OU cap or if I was wearing a OU logo shirt. I thought that was odd. Come on, I expected to at least be asked something. LOL Very friendly, yet not interested.

Dude, I spent two years there, 2001-2003. People who haven't lived there will never understand. Their fandom is at a different level..... I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Reactions: Oklabama
Dude, I spent two years there, 2001-2003. People who haven't lived there will never understand. Their fandom is at a different level..... I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Holy crap. You were there when Alabama wasn't so good. Wasn't that about the time that Shula was the coach? I bet it was really crazy. Of course it's easy for Bama fans since Nick has been there. Regardless they are some fun people to talk football with. Where did you live in Alabama?

Reactions: veritas59
Holy crap. You were there when Alabama wasn't so good. Wasn't that about the time that Shula was the coach? I bet it was really crazy. Of course it's easy for Bama fans since Nick has been there. Regardless they are some fun people to talk football with. Where did you live in Alabama?

I was there during the Franchione years and Mike Price debacle. Shula came in just as I was leaving. Finebaum was still just a regional personality broadcasting out of Birmingham and was a must listen every afternoon.... talk about entertainment; Phyllis from Mulga, Shane from Centerpoint, Jim from Tuscaloosa, etc... Finebaum would stir up shyte and then set back and watch the house burn. It was awesome. It's also why I don't get too upset with anything Finebaum says; his MO is to elicit emotional reactions, and he does it well.

Oh, and I lived just south of Gadsden, on the river. Good times.

I was there during the Franchione years and Mike Price debacle. Shula came in just as I was leaving. Finebaum was still just a regional personality broadcasting out of Birmingham and was a must listen every afternoon.... talk about entertainment; Phyllis from Mulga, Shane from Centerpoint, Jim from Tuscaloosa, etc... Finebaum would stir up shyte and then set back and watch the house burn. It was awesome. It's also why I don't get too upset with anything Finebaum says; his MO is to elicit emotional reactions, and he does it well.

Oh, and I lived just south of Gadsden, on the river. Good times.

Know it well. Gadsden is my home town. Small world. My mom was a Gadsden Tiger. Lol. I use to swim in the Coosa.

Reactions: veritas59

I'm in central Texas, and frequent Austin often... There is rarely a time that I don't wear crimson and an OU cap... I get the occasional "OU sucks" from whorns, but for the most part, they say little... In the summer of 2014, I went through Alabama on a vacation to Florida. Wearing my regular OU attire, I talked to several Alabama fans at the one and only stop I made there... They were all gracious and wished the Sooners success. They also wanted to meet again. Sooner rather than later... The Alabama fan base reminds me of the Nebraska fans. Most are humble in their success...

Reactions: Oklabama
Know it well. Gadsden is my home town. Small world. My mom was a Gadsden Tiger. Lol. I use to swim in the Coosa.

Well, holy Noccalula Mountain... it's a small world. We gotta take this off-line sometime. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT