ADVERTISEMENT

Things to like...

92 grad

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2010
...from the opener. Knowing full well this was Akron, but here are some things I liked...

1. Mayfield: I liked that he didn't seem to panic when things didn't go perfect from the start. I liked him celebrating when others did something good. I liked that receivers were catching the ball on the run, & saw many times he didn't throw to the first guy he looked at. I liked when we had the ball in the red zone in the 3rd, he read the defense, saw a blitz coming, got the snap, and immediately side-arm-slung that ball with some zip to Mixon in the slot who picked up a first down.

2. Skill Position Players: I liked what I saw going from SS & Samaje as really our only bonafide weapons last year to what looks like play-makers all over the field in Samaje, SS, Mixon, Dede, Baxter, Neal, & Andrews. I liked that our 4th & 5th RBs (Ross/Anderson) are guys who would be starters elsewhere.

3. Kicker/Pinter: I liked that our true freshman is a bad-ass.

4. Defense: I liked that all 3 levels (DL-LB-DB) all looked faster & more aggressive. Our opponent looked soft on O, but our D just looks different. Amazing what a difference an infusion of some talented new coaches can make.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.